3. Crown Princess
Price, itinerary & availability is why we chose this cruise. It turned out to be an older crowd on board which was a surprise. It made it a lovely and friendly fellow cruisers. Ship was refurbished in 2018 but you can tell by the layout of the ship it is an older design. No water slides, no great walking paths, but nice large hallway on deck 7 connecting to the midship deck 5 & 6 (which is the hub). Our cabin was a nice size. Larger then the previous tight quarters on the Norwegian ship we went on. Entertainment was okay. A couple of very funny comedians. Live bands were very fun and enjoyable but the stage production cast were a little to be desired. Service was wonderful everywhere. They were made to fetch me my drink of water and lemonade as these were not out for the taking. I hope everyone tipped well. I felt like Princess was being a little cheap as I had to ask for lemonade. I would have preferred to just walk up to the drink station and get my own. And maybe offer me a second choice like Royal C. ships do. For example, a strawberry kiwi drink. Ports were different and nice. Except for the Bonaire excursion of "Trolley" ride. It was awful and shameful that Princess would offer such a poor excursion. To drive us around in a dilapidated cart through the dusty back streets of the port where the highlight seemed to be the local strip club. Shameful!!! I would really loved going to Magen's Bay St Thomas Virgin Island. Remember to take cash and ID of which we forgot both. The excursion from the ship left and returned early which was okay as it got us to the beach early before the other ships guests arrived. Loved this beach. We did not get off at Grenada but after leaving the dock I kind of wish we had of. The island looked beautiful. Lots of hills and green. On a postivie note our cabin steward was exceptional!!!

Surprises

Crown Princess Cruise Review by buttea2

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

On a postivie note our cabin steward was exceptional!!!
buttea2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
Great cabin layout. There was ample clothing storage. the bathroom was divided away from the bedroom area which I loved. Bigger balcony which looked over the deck below but the larger size was nice.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Tour
    Terrible is all I can say. It was a trolley tour around the back streets of the dock. Dusty, uninteresting. Highlight was a strip club.
    View All 89 Island Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    Great time. Wonderful beach best of our trip. Get there early to get a spot away from the crowds. Remember you ID and cash. We forgot ours.