3. Costa Luminosa
We chose this cruise because it was part of a tour group we wanted to see venice florence and rome. The cruise was a prek of sorts plus we wanted to see Athens and the ruins. The ship overall was fine except for they didnt have an indoor observation area that is where the excercise room was. The staff was courteous but did not go out of their way, LANGUAGE BARRIER is very real. I took one day 2 cabins stewards and front dest attendant and an electricion to get me a 110 volt extention cord to use my cpap. It took 3 days for our steward to finally give literature in english the first nite we got a letter in french that due to high winds we might not dock in athens. The port days were nuts everybody leaves for tours and then the ship left each port at 1.00 or 1.30 so the buffets were always overcrowded. Now the worst part they treat food like a CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. At 10.30 all the food is gone and breakfast consists of cold cuts cheese pastries breads limited fruits. The coffee machine is locked until lunch and after lunch until breakfast the next day. Only one area had eggs by the pool deck i was in line and at 10. am they wrapped up and sent me away with no eggs. Lunch is not much better thsy only leave food out for a very short period of time, and dont have any free places in the ship for snacks during the day and nite. But the worst thing they did was when it was time for athens they told us we were going to santorine because of high winds in Athens but it was clear no wind and santorinei is right next to athens the real reason was it cost 225,000 euros to dock in athens and nothing to tender us into santorinie. If u want to see how europeans cruise use costa but i will never use them again. This is the only cruise i have ever been hungry with my stomach growling at me for food and i lost weight on this one.

Americans dont expect the NORMAL cruise

Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by steve50

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Outside Classic
steve50’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Luminosa price drops

Outside Classic
Cabin EC
Cabin was nice and roomie but only one 110 volt outlet, large window and comfortable
Agata Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins