3. Silver Muse
This was our third trip on Silversea in an Owner's Suite. We did Alaska--Anchorage to Vancouver on this cruise. Silver Muse was only about a year old. We found the decor to be comparable to Silversea standards, but modernized. We prefer the older, warmer decor, but recognize that Silversea must keep up with the times. Compare my pictures of Silver Muse with my pictures of Silver Shadow (we were on the final voyage of Silver Shadow before its makeover). As you probably know, Royal Caribbean bought Silversea a year ago. It may be starting to show. 1. There have always been binoculars in Owner's Suites in the past. Now eliminated. 2. Service in the restaurants on Silver Muse has deteriorated compared to our prior experience. There were inordinately long waits between courses. And it wasn't just us. We had recommended Silversea to an informal group of 15, and everybody had similar experiences. Our next to last night took the cake. We were in one of their specialty restaurants (Silver Note). Our reservation was for 8:00, and we arrived at that time. At 9:50, we had only been served an appetizer. We had waited an hour following our appetizer, and still had not been served our main course. That is when we walked out. Perhaps, they have reduced the wait staff to the point that service does not meet their prior standards. Or, perhaps, because of the expansion of the fleet, they have been forced to promote staff before they were ready. 3. They have installed Royal Caribbean's Cellular at Sea system on the Silversea cruise ships (I don’t recall that on my prior Silversea cruises). Having spent my career in the wireless industry, let me assure you that there is no bigger rip-off than Cellular at Sea. You can easily spend far more on Cellular at Sea, than the cost of your cruise. We worried that despite blocking our phones from connecting to Cellular at Sea, that we would unintentionally unblock it, and incur thousands of dollars in charges (thousands of dollars is not hyperbolic). 4. Restaurant reservations have been impossibly frustrating for me on Silversea. At the beginning of this cruise it occurred to me that I should probably make reservations for our next cruise, even though it was still 50 days away. Here is what I got: 11 not available, and 14 waitlisted. I was unable to make a single reservation--not one. I advised my cruise consultant that for future bookings he must set his alarm clock for midnight on the day reservations open and call me so that I don't miss the window of opportunity. (In fairness, our butler was able to make reservation for all the restaurants during our next cruise.) 5. Silversea is remodeling their owner's suites and eliminating the convenient U-shaped bars. They are putting in little cabinets that simply are not as nice or convenient for me. While there were some disappointments with restaurant service, I trust that management will focus on correcting those deficits.

Owner's suite Alaska

twinklles’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Muse price drops

Owner's Suite 1
Cabin O1
Since it is the new ship, it doesn't have the u-shaped bar. I miss it. If you don't know what I mean, see my review of Silver Shadow
Deck 9 Suite Cabins