3. Crystal Symphony
Had an enjoyable cruise but it was not 6 star. Cabin was as small as, or even smaller than I have had on 4 star ships No bottle of ‘bubbles’ in the cabin on arrival. I have come to expect this on even 4 star lines. Light over the bed was unusable and was very uncomfortable as I could not find a way of moving it away. I kept hitting my head on it, and I am short. I don’t know how tall men cope. Most of the tours were sold out before the ship sailed and you could not book a tour less than one week out. Why? Tours were not really well matched to the ratings. I did a snorkeling and stingray encounter on Grand Turk. You did not have to snorkel if you didn’t want to. The stingray encounter was just in a couple of feet of water - no need to swim. Yet it was rated ‘strenuous’ and I did hear at least one elderly couple say they decided to cancel because they were worried it might be too difficult for then. Perhaps you need someone with an excellent knowledge of each tour to be available to talk people through what they will need to be able to do.

Nice but not special

Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Jangler

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah
Had an enjoyable cruise but it was not 6 star.

Cabin was as small as, or even smaller than I have had on 4 star ships

Jangler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crystal Symphony price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin A1
Quite small but well appointed
Seabreeze Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins