Crystal Symphony Cruise Review

Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Jangler

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah

Had an enjoyable cruise but it was not 6 star.

Cabin was as small as, or even smaller than I have had on 4 star ships

No bottle of ‘bubbles’ in the cabin on arrival. I have come to expect this on even 4 star lines.

Light over the bed was unusable and was very uncomfortable as I could not find a way of moving it away. I kept hitting my head on it, and I am short. I don’t know how tall men cope.

Most of the tours were sold out before the ship sailed and you could not book a tour less than one week out. Why?

Tours were not really well matched to the ratings. I did a snorkeling and stingray encounter on Grand Turk. You did not have to snorkel if you didn’t want to. The stingray encounter was just in a couple of feet of water - no need to swim. Yet it was rated ‘strenuous’ and I did hear at least one elderly couple say they decided to cancel because they were worried it might be too difficult for then. Perhaps you need someone with an excellent knowledge of each tour to be available to talk people through what they will need to be able to do.

Jangler's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah

Quite small but well appointed

Bobsled Tour

Bone shattering Adrenalin rush! Very exciting and the lovely ride up and back was relaxing

View All 79 Bobsled Tour Reviews
Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Very little to do if you don’t have a tour and any I was interested in were sold out by the time I boarded. I did try to book four or five days before but that was not possible.

Trolley Tour

Got to see a lot. Good commentary

View All 43 Trolley Tour Reviews