Norwegian Escape Cruise Review

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Godslayer333

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

It was a birthday gift, I just had to pay for excursions, amenities, ect. But little did I know it'd be as much of a pain in the butt, as it was a vacation. Boarding the ship initially was a chore, surprised they do this every week, during boarding, security stole my knives, even though they were allowed according to the prohibited items list on the website. I got a wonderful massage on the first day, but it was immediately filled by an intense sales pitch, trying to get me to buy bogus oils and creams that made the whole experience uncomfortable and not worth it. I paid $400 for me and my friend to use the thermal suite, but the main feature I purchased it for the "snow room" was broke the whole trip. Will the exception of Orlando, leaving and reboarding the ship for excursions was an awful experience, especially great stirrup cay, which was a nightmare. I went to use the water slide and they told me I was too fat, but they couldn't bother to mention that beforehand on the website that there was a weight limit. Every time my room mate billed something to his key card, it was instead charged to mine somehow, including drinks, massages, dinners, ect. The "unlimited soda pass" was a joke, you can't even take a can of soda back to your room, I got the pass because I'm diabetic and I drink alot, especially at night, when my blood sugar is high. On my excursion to Nassau, we got left behind at the first stop on the tour in fincastle, the tour bus left us so that entire day was ruined. Besides all the bad, the food was good, the views were beautiful, I was able to relax for once in my life, it I experience and tried new things, and I got a story to tell everyone. I know this review is mostly negative, but I really did enjoy the dining and felt like the service people on board genuinely wanted me to have a good time. I'm really happy so many people liked my costume, and I'm in so many peoples memories of the trip.

Godslayer333's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF 12282

Cabin was completely different from the pictures on the website, the beds were tiny, and there was only one small area to charge your devices. Very clean and the steward, Francisco, was amazing, made me feel comfortable and cared for.

Snorkeling

Was difficult to find snorkeling area, found out it was the same area eveone was swimming in, so all the kicked up sand made the water so murky, you could barely see anything. Departing and boarding the ship that day will haunt me for the rest of my life.

View All 98 Snorkeling Reviews
Nassau

Tour guide left us at the first stop, had to find our own way back to the ship. We ended up paying another tour guide we found, so we basically double paid for this excursion.

Godslayer333