3. Norwegian Escape
Review October 27, 2019 NCL Escape Day 1 Sunday, October 27 arrived at pier in NYC around 12:10 because we were told via VM check in only between Noon and 3 due to coast guard inspection. Apparently we were the only ones told because at Haven check in we were checked in and immediately online to board ship. However, no Haven staff to bring us on board and we had to find our way on. When we got on ship it was already packed with people already having lunch. Haven restaurant already packed we had to sit at table outside the Haven Restaurant which was just fine. Our room was ready about 1:30. Haven Courtyard Penthouse 17128. Dinner was at LeBistro and was good as usual. (We had the dinner package for three meals and I made all dinner reservations online after final payment was made).We had the dinner promo (3), the Beverage Package, and Unlimited WiFi. I put our phones on Airplane Mode for the entire trip and used FB messenger to contact people. We prepaid the gratuities, however, tipped where called for. Our room steward was Rommel and did an adequate job. When I asked if I could have a lounge chair on our balcony in ten minutes he arrived with a helper with a lounge! (We gave him a little something when we first met him and a little something when we left. Our butler was Fernando we gave him something when we met him and something when we left. We never asked for anything special from him. He dropped off some fruit and little snacks in the afternoon.Patrick was our concierge and we gave him something when we left. Day 2 Monday, October 28 at sea Breakfast and Dinner at Haven Restaurant...always good....Lunch at Buffet.....just ok. Day 3 Tuesday, October 29 Port Canaveral.....stayed onboard and went up on Deck 19 sunbathing. Weather was gorgeous. Saw a show at the Supper Club.....priority seating due to Haven.....four young men singing songs from 50’s...very entertaining! They served a steak (or fish) dinner during the show...we opted out of that.....instead had dinner at the Haven restaurant. Day 4 Wednesday, October 30....breakfast early at the Haven Restaurant. Great Stirrup Cay. Weather again gorgeous! priority disembarking because of Haven. When we got on island saw another NCL ship was already there the Norwegian Sun. Note: very rocky in the water ...... recommend those water shoes....I got a nice gash on my heel.....be sure to also pack some bandaids and antibiotic ointment....luckily I always do. Lunch at the buffet. Dinner at LaCucina......excellent. And a little time and money at the Casino. Day 5 Thursday, October 31 Nassau, Bahamas. Breakfast at the Haven Restaurant, Lunch at Buffet and Dinner at the Haven Restaurant......didn’t get off the ship....relaxed....and relaxed some more. Left Nassau around 610pm. Lots of passengers and crew in Halloween costumes. Ship rocking all night.....feeling the motion of the ocean. More time at casino. Day6 Friday......@ sea......breakfast at Haven restaurant......toilets not flushing on our Haven Deck 17...... oh boy! Fixed quickly. Seas a little choppy. Lunch at buffet. Dinner at Haven restaurant. Day7 Saturday ...... @sea........breakfast at Haven restaurant.......relaxed....lunch at buffet......decide to get a jump on things and packed so we could enjoy our last night. Dinner at Cagneys....so good.......my husband had lobster tails and I had salmon.....casino for a little while and called it a night. Day8 Sunday.....had coffee and a muffin in our cabin as we were going to be walking off with priority disembarking ...... left our cabin 715am.......passports not needed to be shown since they had facial recognition screens set up. Walked across the street got in a yellow taxi and we were in our house 800am....(we live in Astoria, Queens). The taxi cost us $45 (a little more than usual) because the driver had to avoid certain routes due to the NY Marathon! Can’t wait for October 2020 on the Encore!!!!!!

Long Review NCL Escape 10/27/2019-11/3/2019

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by margoula

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Review October 27, 2019 NCL Escape

Day 2 Monday, October 28 at sea

Can’t wait for October 2020 on the Encore!!!!!!
margoula’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H5
Our favorite location....the balcony is very large.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins