3. MSC Seaside
Before posting this, I tried to talk to the Cruise line from several angles WITH ZERO RESPONSE... I am the first to admit, once you get soured against something, it is hard to see the good. I have taken a step back to try and see just what made this cruise so bad. I can guess at the reason some things are the way they are or I can enumerate theissues. ..... This boat is newer and was attractive to us for that reason and the fact we had sailed on MSC before and had a great time. We started out wanting tosail out of Tampa but this one was out of Miami. Unbeknownst to us, that was mistakenumber one. This ship is huge, beautiful and carries a lot of people. It is also surprisingly dirty. Youwould think the inside public areas of the boat would be larger to accommodate them. Not somuch. Many of the things we wanted to do were always closed. The bowling alley,Crape shop and zip line were hardly ever open. The casino and theater were smallerthan any other dozen+ ships I have been on. They ran 3 shows per night to make up forthe lack of seating. ONLY IF YOU MADE A RESERVATION. Everything is done viakiosks located around the ship by scanning your card. You had to scan your credit cardto activate your on board spending account, no people to talk to and in front of everyonebehind you in line. Want to see your pictures? Scan the card. Get into the show? Scanthe card. No reservation? No seat. Change your mind? Go change the reservation.Have an issue come up? Stand in the one available line (always an hour wait). Stores were scattered on several floors and not together. The only thing this ship had more ofwas cabins. As for our cabin, we originally booked an inside cabin as we had planned to dive atevery port. After booking, we find the ship hit most ports at off hours (mid morningarrival or left early) most excursions were limited due to time restraints. We checkedwith 4 or 5 excursion providers and found one short one tank dive in Cozumel and one regular dive in Grand Cayman. None were with the ship or cruise broker. We foundother things to schedule in the other ports only to be told (after paying) the tour wascanceled for one reason or another. This happened twice, once just days before sailing. Due to the lack of availability of the things we wanted to do, we decided to upgrade theroom as we would be spending more time there that anticipated (I think that was thewhole plan by MSC from the beginning). We got a balcony alright, right under the allnight buffet with wooden chairs on a tile floor. Constant dragging of the chairs, runningkids and little sleep. Oh, did I mention the kids? Hundreds of them. Poorly behaved, screaming kids. Whywere they not in school? I travel in the fall after school starts and just after Christmaswhen most kids are sure to be in school. One of the little lovely’s was right across thehall. Joke was on me... That brings me to mistake number one. This cruse had an extraordinary large numberof groups/ family's - 30ish people each, from grandma to newborns. It, no joke, was likean episode of the Kardashians. All the women from 12 to 60 dressed like Snookie withclothes 2 sizes too small. And every time one passed a reflective surface, they came to a stop to check how their butt looked.  They (the women) would cuss and threaten to hit the staff andmade one girl cry. We talked to her (crew member from South America) where webegan to learn "the Miami boats are the worst". They would not wait in line and wouldelbow you out of the way. Stand up in the theater or at dinner and yell and scream at other members of the party (4 and 5 different parties unfolding at once) they truly actedlike they were the only people in the world. As you can gather, after a few days of this, Ihad had enough. Old woman or big young dude, I told them all to get in line likeeveryone else. I was just waiting for someone to bow up. I no longer cared if I got myass kicked; they were going to have it to do. They all looked shocked that some peasantdared to speak to them. I did not have to go to jail or the hospital thankfully. Déclasséjust scratches the surface……This wassomething we did not understand until we got off the ship and were talking to people inKey Largo. Word was that this bad attitude was becoming more and more common in that area. Good manners and social graces were sorely lacking all around. The people were nasty to deal with and that made the staff sour with everyone in general. We had 3 crewmembers that were truly nice (and were tipped extremely well) but the rest were as fed up as I was. I will never sail from Miami again. All in all, a perfect storm of general issues and personal taboos came together to (and Iallowed it to) ruin our time on the ship. Diving with my newly certified wife was priceless. We had great dive boat people as always (divers are a happy bunch) and a much neededrespite from the ship. As soon as we queued to get back on board, you could sense the displeasure. The time touring Vizcaya Museum and Gardens before we got onand Key Largo after? Absolutely beyond reproach.

Worst cruise ever (my first bad cruise)

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by cccml

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

cccml’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1
Under the buffet with running kids and chairs dragging on a hard floor. Zero sleep
Mondello Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins