• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Avalon Expression Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating
1 Award

Rhine River + Avalon made for a great vacation!

Review for Avalon Expression to Europe River
katie0873
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin:

We chose this cruise for our honeymoon and I was quite pleased with my husband's choice to take this amazing trip. It was nice to come back to the same room every evening as we progressed thru various cities. Members of the crew were always friendly and helpful! All meals were fantastic. I enjoyed the tour guides that we had along the way - friendly as well as passionate about their local area's history and culture. If you get Karen in Amsterdam, or Otto in Cologne as your tour guide, consider yourself fortunate - they were terrific! I also really appreciated that there was a "gentle walkers" group for those who could not keep a faster pace or climb a lot of stairs. I would only recommend a slight improvement with excursions - allow for more time at the points (Example: city of Heidelberg) and perhaps a somewhat better value for excursions (example: food tasting excursion in Strasbourg, France).

Our room was made up twice a day, the room and service was impeccable!

Port Reviews

Mainz

n/a

Strasbourg

The tour guide did well, while the experience was very nice, it was a little difficult with the many panhandlers approaching us as well as worry of being pick-pocketed.

Strasbourg

Our tour guide was friendly and great! I think I was expecting somewhat more as part of our experience (a little more value for what we paid for) while it was still a very positive experience.

Basel