We had been on two other Pullmantur ships and enjoyed the atmosphere very much. This time we had a family trip, including two small children. We chose Pullmantur for this reason. On other cruise lines there are often few children and many very old passengers, who are uncomfortable with much, and with any children or young people especially. Being a Spanish line there are extended Spanish families and these cruises have the most varied age groups we have come across in 30+ cruises.On this trip I estimate over half were under 45 years old. The staff speak English and there are no on board costs, unless you need high end drinks and ship's excursions.Tips and drinks are included and are readily available. This includes the quality coffees. We had a new cruiser in our party and she left with no bill. I warned her this is not usual. So, what is it like? Yes, the ship is not new or glamorous but it is clean and cared for. Our outside cabins were bigger than most and the wide corridors are also a pleasure on older ships. The staff are very helpful and accommodating. An infant and a toddler at dinner was no problem. Our new cruiser is coeliac and vegetarian. She enjoyed her special dinner menu and there were clearly labelled gluten free choices, including a breakfast station, in the buffet. Deck area was adequate with enough sunbeds and pool stuff. There was not quite enough drink service here. There was not masses to do in the evening. We didnt expect much English so it was fine and being a party of 7 we were not really looking for much, so I cant really comment on this aspect. Being a Spanish ship 1st dinner sitting is 7.30 and second is 9.45. The non-Spanish, and there were a fair few of us (estimate was 30%) went for the 1st. So after dinner was drinks,just a few or more, and some music. . That was fine for us. The kids were welcome too. We made the theatre once. It was a bit odd but OK- Dancing and singing with Spanish commentary. There was a children's club but my daughter was not impressed by it and the kids only went the once. Cant say that I thought language would be a problem and it may be better for older ones.There was more of a structured programme for the 3+. Ours were 2 and 9 months. Food was great for a week. There was a gala dinner one night and a single menu for the rest of the week. Just about enough choices and well cooked and presented. The buffet was also varied and the Spanish options added to this. There was enough seating room here too, which doesnt always happen on cruise ships. This was an economical trip for all of us and we felt well served.There was no hassle to spend and tips really are not expected or sought..We didnt see a photographer above once. We were served readily and we experienced absolutely none of the animosity toward non-Spanish that others have reported. Staff were interested in us. Maybe they dont like rude folk? Iglu booked our flights and transfers and were great too. A good holiday for all and we would have no hesitation in going for it again. Reviews often emphasise the downsides but apart from the limitations I mention above we didnt really have any. I could think of some I suppose but they dont jump out at me, except the couple of short day stops in Malta and Cagliari when we had no time for much. It was cheap and very cheerful. Title said it all really.

Great for families, for economy, and for just being relaxed.

Horizon Cruise Review by barrow

barrow’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get Pullmantur Horizon price drops

Outside. Picture window. One of four we had. The family had two connecting 6104 6106 and we used 6114 as a single. The cabins were big: at least 25% more than many others we have had. Our shower cubicle was a bit tired and needs refreshing. Our daughter's shared cabins were already done. Luck there I suppose, though she did comment that the carpets were worn. The price of the cruise allowed them to have a separate kids cabin and their space helped to keep things relaxed. The cabin steward earned the tip they decided to give her! There was no evening steward service. Good options for location at the centre of the ship.