3. Island Princess
We wanted to experience the Panama Canal, but didn't want to go through the ENTIRE lock system. We've been through 68 locks in Europe on our Viking Amsterdam to Budapest River Cruise in June of 2016. That was our BEST VACATION EVER also! This cruise was for our 54th Anniversary and my wife's 74th Birthday and we wanted to just relax and enjoy life. As usual all of the excursions were OVERPRICED and the photographs are in that SAME opinion. Not sure why they charge so much as so so many of the pictures are never bought! Seems like such a wast of money!~ Also WISH the drink prices would be a little lower in price and this applies to ALL Cruise lines too and not just Princess! I REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY they have to charge so much for a drink! We have cruised on many different Cruise lines and this applies to ALL of them too! If you have any walking difficulties, as I walk with a cane because of my bad back, I would suggest a cabin MUSH closer than where we were at in the extreme AFT of the ship as the buffet is in the EXTREME FRONT of the ship! Getting there without getting WIND BLOWN or Wet was a challenge at first.

Panama Canal Cruise

Island Princess Cruise Review by Happy Cruiser 1947

Happy Cruiser 1947’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD
Our cabin was nice, but the bed almost killed us as the mattress was terrible! It sank....sank and then sank some more! Not sure why this mattress wasn't replaced! One "problem" with this nice aft cabin is that the buffet was in the extreme forward of this ship and you had to walk outside to get there. Finally after the 3rd day we discovered a way not to get wind blown or wet to get there! It was a challenge!
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

It was a nice cruise, but having an AFT cabin made it difficult to walk with my cane to the EXTREME front of the ship for the buffet!
ALL the workers were EXTREMELY NICE and COURTEOUS to us too!!
Benny was a HOOT and FUN to watch in the morning too!
Our Mini-Suit, D708, was nice, but the GROUT turned a little MOLDY LOOKING when wet....kind of NASTY!!
All in all in was a 9 out of 10 for a "SCORE" from us.