Crown Princess Cruise Review
2,116 Reviews

Princess is really going downhill!

Crown Princess Cruise Review by nolefan01

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was my 5th and probably final cruise on Princess. I chose it entirely for the ports (especially Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba). The ship was a huge disappointment though. From the moment you walk in you can tell the staff aren't very friendly and don't seem to like being there. Nobody smiles and hardly anyone says good morning or afternoon. Not one person called me by my name, not even our Cabin Steward after 10 days with him. Service in the restaurants was also horrible. One waitress in the buffet area gave me a stern lecture because I ordered a lemonade from two servers by mistake and she told me it was a long walk to the kitchen to get lemonade so next time I should just wait and not ask anyone else and waste her time. When we asked our waiter in the restaurant to bring us fresh rolls because ours were stale, he said "no problem" and just slid the half-used basket from the next table on to ours!! The food itself was also awful with stale bread and baked products and tasteless, weird menu and buffet items.I normally enjoy the casino, but on the Crown Princess, the dealers are so cold and unfriendly they made playing there a very unpleasant experience. Overall, I would strongly recommend you consider booking on another Princess ship, or maybe another cruise line. Princess is going way downhill for sure. At least the cabins were reasonably priced. They had to be to attract guests.

nolefan01's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

The cabin was a decent size and the extended balconies on the Caribe deck are very good and roomy. The biggest complaint is the bathroom! It's tiny with minimal storage space a shower head that was virtually impossible to adjust and that annoying clingy curtain that fails to keep the water from flying everywhere. Plus the showier was so small, I could barely turn around in it and I'm not a big person at all.Lots of movies to watch but extremely poor TV choices including ZERO college football games. Annoying to anyone who's a sports fan.

Princess Cays

This is a nice beach, but it's hard to see any of the rest of the island from where it's located. Therefore you're basically trapped on a company owned beach with lots of extra ways to waste your money.

St. Thomas

What can I say? It's St. Thomas. EVERY cruise stops here. Good shopping, some excellent restaurants and nice beaches. Everyone has to make the obligatory trip to see Megan's Bay Beach even though it's way too crowded and dirty these days.

Dominica is hands-down my favorite island in the Caribbean. Still unspoiled and full of amazing natural beauty. Not everyone appreciates it, but if you like nature and true unspoiled beauty this is the place to go! Must see Trafalgar Falls and take a swim in one of the hot spring baths such as Tia's.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Grenada

Also a beautiful island. Too much to see in such a short time!

Bonaire

Gorgeous! Rent a car and drive around and explore.

Aruba

So much to do on Aruba! Rent a guide or a car or an all-terrain vehicle and explore the dessert side of the island.

nolefan01