Viking Herja Cruise Review

Viking Herja Cruise Review by beach plum

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Superior

I can't think of anything Viking could have done to make this cruise any better. I have cruised many times but this was my first Viking cruise and first river cruise. The food was outstanding in every way. Quality and presentation every meal. We had a Veranda A cabin. Yes it is quite small but well designed for storage. Quality bath products are used.

All tours went out on time and every guide we had was very knowledgeable and personable.

The entertainment was exceptional as well. Excellent piano player who played at lunch as well as in the evening. One night there was a husband and wife singer and piano player as well as a night of classical music. Of course it is not like the entertainment on a larger luxury liner but I didn't expect that so I wasn't disappointed. We did the Rhine river from Basel to Amsterdam. Wonderful little towns and cities. Great docking location. The cruise director Renee was superb at his job as was the staff. We had a great waiter Ivan. He made suggestions on what to order and took good care of us.

I would highly recommend Viking and would like to go on the Danube next.

beach plum's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Superior

Definitely small but plenty of storage. Our cabin steward Ari did an excellent job keeping our room neat and clean. Didn't have a clock which I would have liked. Bed was comfortable but a top sheet might be nice as all there is is a comforter so if you get too warm at night you can't uncover or you have nothing.

beach plum