3. Carnival Spirit
Carnival are now offering alcohol drink packages on Australian cruises. They cost $119.00 per day. DO NOT purchase one. My husband and I purchased one and found that we would have been better off to pay as you go. There was no value in the package, we would of saved ourselves a lot of money without this package. We had no problems getting drinks from the Pool Bar but the first night I went to the casino and asked for a drink there was a problem that took the staff a long time to fix. My husband and I then asked for a drink each in the restaurant and were told that our cards did not work. After having the waiter take our cards and referring this to a supervisor we eventually got a drink. My husband then got sick and was in our cabin for the last four days of our cruise. He did not consume any alcohol in this time. I knew that the package was non refundable but thought that maybe I could get OBC for a future cruise as a good will gesture. I approached Guest Services and was dismissed. I was told that the package was non refundable and non transferable. She couldn’t have cared less, she didn’t even ask if I needed help with my husband. On the other hand the next time I approached Guest Services for help (I needed a wheel chair to take my husband off the ship) they could not have been more helpful. The cabin was nice. The food was a hit and a miss. Some nights meals were good and other nights stone cold so that you couldn’t eat it. The ship itself was very well maintained and there was always staff cleaning in the main areas. Overall I had a good cruise, my husband did not. I would sail with carnival again as it is an affordable holiday.

Drinks package

Sammy's mother’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E
The cabin was clean on our arrival. Nicely set out. There was plenty of room for the two of us.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins