3. Norwegian Escape
We chose this cruise within one month of sailing because Mom wanted to go back to Bermuda and we were able to take the train so she didn't have to fly. Mom is 88 and I am 65. This was my seventh time on Norwegian, 10 cruises total. Mom has cruised many Holland America ships in the past and this was her first large ship. I have usually cruised with the smaller Norwegian ships, except the Epic. The pros were: -We enjoyed the entertainment, especially Choir of Man, and After Midnight. -Our room was spacious and clean balcony #15720, at a sail away price. Great room steward, whom we tipped extra. -Decent food in the main dining rooms and café -Mom loved the chandelier in the atrium and the color change -Complimentary tether to St. George -Overall experience was very good for what we paid -Fun to watch the kids and parents on the tubing and water park -Great lifeguard who got Mom out of the pool when she forgot how to swim -Overall staff was very attentive to Mom and me, and possibly others who were Mother/daughters. I have ALWAYS been impressed with Norwegian's crew. Cons were: -Was sometimes difficult to navigate all with Mom's walker and long elevator waits. Several others with scooters and walkers had the same problem but that's why they can still cruise at age 88. If we booked sooner, at a higher price, we may have been able to get a handicap room. -Price to upgrade restaurants was crazy. I have always upgraded our restaurants in the past on Norwegian. The ala carte price on the Escape is too high -Obnoxious kid dancing in the main dining room every night that the staff could not control, because the parents wouldn't. It ruined the band and overall experience for several. -Mom would probably have been better with a smaller ship because that is what she was used to. She was a trooper, got around well with her walker and cane, and the timing worked well for us with this cruise -Absolutely no enrichment activities except for anything with a sales pitch. I will need to find another cruise line for that in the future. -Some entertainment was only available at the Supper Club with another food and service upcharge charge.

Great mother/daughter trip but I may be over cruising for awhile

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Debscout

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda

The pros were:

-We enjoyed the entertainment, especially Choir of Man, and After Midnight.

-Decent food in the main dining rooms and café

-Mom loved the chandelier in the atrium and the color change

-Complimentary tether to St. George

-Overall experience was very good for what we paid

-Fun to watch the kids and parents on the tubing and water park

-Great lifeguard who got Mom out of the pool when she forgot how to swim

Cons were:

Debscout’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Very clean, comfortable bedding, they got rid of the towel critters and bathrobes, which I miss.
  Norwegian Escape Deck Plans