3. Royal Princess
How did we chose this cruise? Mostly timing and price. It was a better value for the dollar than others we had found. And a big perk was there were hardly any kids on the ship because the cruise was during Normal school season. I would definitely cruise again during Halloween. There were so many great costumes on the ship by both crew and guests. The ship itself is recently refurbished and lovely. Our cabin was nice. There were three of us sharing the Mini Suite, and we never felt over crowded. Dining on the ship was excellent. I enjoyed the quality and selection of the food. Our service was also very nice. We had good servers every evening even though we had a different server every evening with Any Time Dining. Anytime Dining worked out quite well also. I was concerned about it, but we never had an issue getting a table to share or to ourselves. Here's my downside to this cruise: Please know that princess does not stand behind the shore excursions they sell. So buyer beware. We had a miserable experience on our Puerto Vallarta shore excursion and Princess left it up to their third party shore excursion company to decide if we got our money back. That’s not right. Their third party vendor decided we would only receive a 20% refund. We have been on many many shore excursions. They aren’t all amazing. But this was the first time that the 3 of us all were truly miserable, for different reasons, and all decided to ditch the tour and took a cab back to the ship at our own expense. It makes me leary is shore excursions in the future. I purchased the excursion directly from Princess, and I believe that Princess needs to back what it sells. The reason the tour was so bad is because the Tour Guide did not stick to the description of the tour. Instead of showing us Puerto Vallarta as the City Highlights tour was described and sold to us, he instead showed us just two things from the day's planned events and then took us to his friend's silver shop, his friend's leather shop, to his friend's iguana way the heck away from the city for a photo op, and then to his friend's restaurant for a non-included lunch. It was just not enjoyable. It was all about the Tour Director getting kick backs from his friends. Embarkation with the new Medallion class is quite simple. Disembarkation was even simpler. In fact, the easiest disembarkation we have ever experienced. Customs was a snap as was boarding the Princess bus to the airport.

Beautiful ship with calm seas.

Royal Princess Cruise Review by CherriW

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

CherriW’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MC
Lovely cabin and big enough for 3 to share.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cabo San Lucas
    The tour boat was very nice, and the beach and restaurant experience were great.
    View All 1,313 Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Review
  • Mazatlan
    Our Tour Guide did a great job of showing us the city, and then giving us some down time to enjoy. He also took good care of us making sure he knew where we were at all times.
    View All 602 Mazatlan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mazatlan Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Thiis is the worst cruise line sponsored tour I have ever been on.
    PVR100A
    We only saw 2 of the places listed on the shore excursion description, and the rest of the day we were the hostages of the tour operator ... taking us to his friend's silver shop, to his friend's leather shop, to his friend's iguana for a photo, and then to his friend's restaurant, at which point we ditched the tour and took a cab at our expense back to the ship. None of which were on the excursion listing. Princess declined to refund our money and said that it was the decision of the third party shore excursion company they use. I was shocked by this. The shore excursion company decided we only should receive 20% of our fare back. We have petitioned to Princess to refund our full fare for this miserable day, and won't hear anything back for EIGHT weeks.
    View All 61 City Tour Reviews