Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review
3,650 Reviews

Didn’t feel like NCL I used to.

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by nattga

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony Stateroom

What I like. First, the rope course was fun, rock of ages was a very good musical show that I watched twice, noodle bar, the quiet area at the waterfront, especially for the Shakers bar, the bar on deck 17 was also my go to spot due to lack of people, garden cafe is decent, le cucina menu was a bit confusing but good, teppanyaki was great but it takes a time. Osheehans was great too; they have good wings.

What I dislike. The overall ship feels very tight and narrow. Not a very easy ship to navigate at some area. Cabin feels narrow and low ceiling, too. The cruise director was by far the most boring I have ever encountered. Same drink was made differently at every bar/lounge I visited. Lack the consistency is a bit annoying. Again, the same kind of drink ($13) but once got turned down because I was told that it wasn’t included in my drink package while other bars just made for me. The whole trip I didn’t order more than $13 drink but I have these random charges from all the bar on my account from 30-50 cents each and I had a drink package. One last thing that push me over the edge was they charged $104 my credit card but didn’t deduct from $100 onboard credit as I was advised.

If I cruise with NCL again, It would be an older and smaller ship.

nattga's Full Rating Summary

Family Balcony Stateroom

Cabin feels very narrow and low ceiling but still is nice and clean with the bigger than average balcony. You will see your neighbor but not always.

nattga