3. Viking Star
This cruise covered a large section of the Mediterranean Sea so I felt it would give us a broad view of history and architecture, my interests. We arrived in Barcelona on time and boarding was very smooth, our ship was docked very near the Ramblas and that made it easy to get to this fabulous city. In fact all our ports and cities in the itinerary are treasures that only get better the more you learn about them. The Viking Star is very comfortable, easy to get around once we got our sea legs, all food was great, loved the fresh fruit for breakfast, the local flavors throughout the day and evening. Our cabin fit into our lives just right, it feels like home in no time at all. Enjoyed time onboard on the sun deck, the spa, had to do the snow grotto and it was so good. The crew is the best, everyone is helpful and friendly, its like they know what I want before I even ask. The shore excursions were done just right, I liked the early start to get ahead of the crowds, and the local guides are what is needed to really get the local flavor of the place. The drivers and coaches are first rate. Our extension, Tuscany! was just the right touch to complete our lovely time in Italy and the meals offered were superb. I can do this kind of trip many times over, will love to spend more time in the cities.

Mediterranean Odyssey in Art and History