3. Celebrity Eclipse
We wanted a quick getaway leaving from the port in our home city, and I wanted to see San Fran again. Overall, the cruise was great, as it always is with Celebrity. Great food & service. The main dining room had delicious food, of course. Our servers were great. But there was an overall confusion when we dined there. One night, we were there over two hours because the food didn't come very quickly at all. Long gaps between appies & entrees, and some at our table ordered an extra lobster tail, and they didn't come out until we were all done our meals. Very chaotic. We didn't take in any shows but heard from others that they were great, especially the comedians. My hubby enjoyed playing poker in the casino. I just enjoyed relaxing and reading, as I usually do. We did our own thing in San Francisco and Victoria, but did an excursion in Santa Barbara. It was "The Solvang Shuttle" and it was a rip off at $98/pp, I do NOT recommend it. Solvang is a cute little Danish town, but so geared for tourists that they charge huge amounts for simple things. The food was good in one of the little restaurants, and not too pricey. I am feeling frustrated with Celebrity these days. They seem to want to charge you a bundle for EVERYTHING. I'm trying to change a cruise we booked while on a previous cruise, and they want to charge us a penalty, even though we were told that we could change it at any time without penalty. And while on the cruise, the wifi costs are far too high. I don't know why they can't charge us for 60 or 90 minutes that we can use at any point throughout the cruise instead of having to use it all up at once. We have quite a few Captain's Club points now, nearly Elite members, but with the ridiculous charges, I may have to find a different cruise line. (Not HAL as their food is atrocious.)

Quick getaway

my heart will go on’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C2
Typical balcony cabin, awesome room steward.

Our cabin steward, Benedict, was amazing. He even noticed that my husband added an extra cover on his side of the bed and put a warm blanket there for him every day. We always get a Concierge Class cabin and the shower was the best, could have stood in there for hours. Benedict also brought me a body pillow when asked and that helped make my sleep that much better.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins