3. Harmony of the Seas
We caught the cruise bug a while back (2014) and this was our 7th cruise We have sailed Disney, Princess, Carnival but have sort of settled in on RCCL for various reasons. We have been on small ships (Empress of the Seas) and up to the Freedom Class (Freedom and Independence). We typically have sailed with kids (teens) but this was our 25th anniversary cruise so just me and the wonderful wife. This cruise was book over a year ago and I chose the Harmony OTS based on dates, ports and accommodations, plus price (book early). I also wanted to try one of the OASIS class ships. We had a balcony cabin (8540). This cruise was in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary so just my and my amazing wife took this trip. Pre-Cruise / Embarkation: We flew into Orlando the day before, rented a car (Hertz) and drove over to Daytona Beach for the day. Had a nice time and good meal at a favorite of ours “Aunt Catfish’s”. We stayed about 10 miles South of Port Canaveral using Marriott points I had. Next morning drove to the Port Canaveral Hertz return which was ½ mile from the port entrance. They shuttled us over where we handed our luggage over the to porters around 10:30 and we were on the ship less than 30 minutes later. Easy Peasy! My wife has celiac, so she cannot eat gluten and we informed out wait staff in the MDR on our first night. We never had to tell another sole after that. We had the early fixed dining and our waiter (Adrian) and section Head Waiter (Taylan) bent over backwards to accommodate her dietary restriction. Taylon would bring the menu to my wife for the following night and told her to order anything she wanted, and he would be sure they made it gluten-free. They even made French Onion soup of her one night with gluten-free bread. I could name numerous other items as week but generally anything on the menu she wanted, they made it GF. We even ate at Wonderland one night and it was AMAZING. Not for the meat and potatoes crowd but if you enjoy culinary adventure, this place is a MUST. Our waiter there, ‘Junior’, was fabulous and had a great sense of humor. I highly recommend Wonderland. We only ate in Windjammer for lunch on our first day and breakfast on our last day and it was very good as well. We ate breakfast and most lunches in the MDR. My only issue with the meal was our first night in the MDR where I ordered escargot, which I do every time when it’s on the menu and it was actually bad for some reason. Anyway, I ordered it again following night(s) and it was like I remember it being on past cruises. Yummy!

Great 25th anniversary Harmony of the Seas Cruise (3/27/2019) Eastern Caribbean

zaherej’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 8D
Really liked our oceanview balcony cabin. would have liked a little more area to hang clothes but plenty of room otherwise. Like the newer shower doors. Did have an issue the first night with the balcony door whistling from the wind which made sleeping a bit difficult. Went down to guest services the following morning and explained the issue. Maintenance was up in our cabin within couple of hours. They pulled the door off the track and replaced the rubber seal and our issue was solved. Kudos to RCCL for quick response.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins