3. Island Princess
I chose this cruise because I was helping my parents with their travels. Both are mobility challenged and I go along to assist them. A small, but great ship and the remodel was amazing. I'd like to see some highlighted maps that show how to get to the stern of the ship (Deck 8) and perhaps how to get out on the bow. (Deck 10 I believe, but I was not able to get there during the trip as it's closed during at sea days due to wind. I did purchase the internet package, spending about $150 for this benefit. I understand that it is slower than most internet we are used to these days, so I was expecting and not disappointed by the slowness of the connection, however this one cut out for minutes to hours at a time. Even later at night when you would expect fewer people to be using it, it was consistently down. I feel pretty taken with respect to the cost vs the perceived value of this package. I did partake of the unlimited soda package, and it was nice to be able to order it at will. The unfortunate thing is that I was not told that it was just for fountain drinks and there were several areas, including the fountain that was used for the dining room that lacked carbonation. Mostly flat soda was not a pleasant experience. When I mentioned this to our waiters on several occasions, I was advised that the equipment was functioning fine. I took in several of the shows and really enjoyed them. The sound system was great and the performances were awesome! The food was exquisite! A variety of food in the dining rooms was very good. The buffet was good as well, but while there was a lot of different foods provided, they did tend to be the same different foods after a while. The people were amazing. I submitted requests for several to be recognized at the end of the voyage and I really was pleased at all the happy faces and the people seemed to care if we were having a good time! The only port we missed was Nicaragua and I'd've liked to have seen that one, but weather will be weather. The people that Princess works with in the ports are excellent. Every excursion was entertaining, informative and fun. A lot of high end shopping available and most of the shops were great. Every time I when into Effy and came back out again, I felt like I had to shower. It was like going to a used car lot with a very pushy, forceful salesperson. They were nice about it, but sooo very pushy. It was a very well laid out ship and easy to get around in with my mom's wheelchair and my dad's walker. There was one door, leading into the Horizon Cafe that we had to open both doors in order to go into, but there was always someone, either a crew member or fellow cruiser who would assist. I like having a promenade deck that goes all the way around the ship, and this one doesn't have that, but you can easily simply turn around at the end or go through the interior of the ship to the other side to keep walking in the same direction. There were not a lot of single people that I observed on this ship, which I've come to expect. The fitness room was nice, cool and well stocked with machines. Over all it was an enjoyable trip.

A fun cruise with a few minor bumps

Island Princess Cruise Review by wudmeister

Over all it was an enjoyable trip.
wudmeister’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV
It was a nice cabin. Typical of the line, small, but functional. The shower is TINY, and the assistance bar is right in the middle of the back wall, which blocks 4-5 inches of space you could use to get showered without getting tangled in the shower curtain.

The room had an obstructed view (lifeboat), but I could see the ocean and I consistently opened my curtains to let the light in.

The steward was attentive, friendly and helpful. The Chocolates, unfortunately were all mint chocolate, which I don't like mint, so that's unfortunate. Plenty of room for hanging clothes and drawer space for folder clothing. It would be nice if the AC could take the room a little cooler as I tend to run warm.

I'm glad I wasn't in the 600-612 rooms as they were right over, what sounded like the engines and it was a loud buzzing sound accompanied by a very noticeable vibration.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins