3. Royal Princess
Princess Medallion is a work in progress. Its good but not yet great. I recommend it. Just be patient as it is so new. Princess needs to get more ambiance in their bars. No music for the most part. Be careful on deck as its slippery and don't ask me how I know. Entertainment is good but there's not a lot of it. Dining is the best in the regular cruise line segment. Bar service is hard to attain and sometimes you have to fight to get the attention of the crew. We don't recommend this line for children or party goers. There wasn't a lot of onboard activities that fit our age group (Late 30's to early 40's). Embarkation was a snap due to the medallion. You have to learn a few tricks to figure out food options and what you wish to eat on any given day. They need to work on publishing this data for easier access.

Royally Treated to Mexico

allenlid’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MF
Cabin has A/C issues for a few days, but they fixed it. Love the full tub in the mini-suite with the massaging removable head. Love the balcony to give us wind when we were hot. Having two TVs was great so we could see where we were when coming into port along with the deck camera. Having a couch in the room was a requirement with 4 people sharing the room. We traveled with elderly parents so it was nice for them. They slept on the queen bed and we bunked it. The privacy curtain was great. Just don't forget a night light as it is super dark in the room without one. We got Champagne upon arrival which kicked off our cruise in the right direction!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cabo San Lucas
    Since we know this port so well, we did all we wanted to do on our own for cheap. Paid $5 per person for water taxi. Never paid harbor fees. Snorkel for free. Total cost of all water taxi was $40 for 4 people to tour El Arco, then go to Medano beach and have lunch and then get taken back from Medano to the harbor. Total cost to snorkel was $10 in tips to get the guy to drop me off and pick me up en-route to El Arco. After 20 minutes of Snorkeling my eyes always burn as I'm not used to salt water!
    View All 1,322 Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Review
  • Pacific Brewery Walking Tour
    Couldn't book independently for this free tour. All information online is bad. Was supposed to get video at brewery but that didn't happen. Was supposed to get shopping time in Golden Zone but that didn't happen.
    View All 3 Pacific Brewery Walking Tour Reviews
  • Puerto Vallarta
    After you get used to being harassed by the store employees to purchase something, you have a good time. The tile making was neat to see. The tequila tasting was exceptional. The tacos at the tequila was ok. The Malecon and the Church were a treat to walk through.
    View All 13,324 Puerto Vallarta Cruise Port Reviews