3. Royal Princess
This was our first cruise as a family. My husband and I are both in our 30’s. My son is 10 and daughter is 5. Unfortunately Royal Princess put such a bad taste in our mouth that this would be our first and last time on a cruise. We we’re ready to come back after the 2 day of our 7 day cruise. Here are a couple things why. We were told by our travel agent that this ship would be kid friendly which was not at all the case, my kids were bored the entire time. The Kids discovery is only open 9 hrs a day and they chop that into 3 hours so by the time you drop them off you need to pick them up again which would of been fine if they were actually having fun. My daughter never wanted to go and my son only went because there was nothing else to do for his age. They didn’t have any activities for them outside the Discovery camp. They’re activities were mostly for people who are 60 and above, the only thing my husband and I enjoyed was the comedy show. The food was absolutely awful! Very low quality with no taste when it comes to seasoning. My husband and I both lost weight if that gives you an idea of how bad the food was! Everyday was the same thing only some minor tweaks. If you want good food be prepared to pay for it because all the ones included in your ticket are horrible. Overall we were extremely bored and spent 80% of the time in our room, we felt very disappointed and let down. Please take my review very seriously when making your decision and explore better cruise lines when it comes to food, cleanliness, and Entertainment.

Save your money!!

Royal Princess Cruise Review by rlja8086

rlja8086’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
The cabin was dirty from the first day till the last. For the turn up and turn down services it was not cleaned very well. The bathroom still had a horrible smell and the toilet smelled so horrible, even when we closed the lid we can still smell the septic tank, there was dust everywhere, the balcony and windows were still dirty and the sheets and blankets were never changed then entire 7 days. I know because my daughter accidentally colored on them and that’s how we knew they weren’t changing them. One afternoon we came back to our room to find that someone from the service staff was using our phone charger to charge there phone and left they’re phone in our cabin.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• ATV Adventure
    We had a great time riding the ATVs however just a heads up! The bus ride is about 40 min there and back with very windy roads so if you get car sick I would sit this one out! Also my husband and I got 20 mosquito bites each which ruined the rest of our vacation. Also they do not let you switch drivers unless you specifically ask them in the beginning.
    View All 7 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Las Caletas Walking Tour
    They booked us on the wrong excursion, we asked for the beach resort that comes with two pools because my husband and son are both allergic to ocean water. So as soon as we got there we had to take a 40 min boat ride back and it ruined the whole day for us.
    View All 5 Las Caletas Walking Tour Reviews

When we arrived our cabin was very dirty, the sliding door for our balcony still had finger prints on it and the balcony table had food stains. The toilet in the bathroom had a horrible smell that did not go away our entire trip and every couple days the toilet would Overflowed or not flush at all! They also never changed the blankets or sheets the entire time there. The entertainment was more for the older generation so my husband and had nothing to do after dropping our kids off at camp. On the fifth day of our cruise we came back to our room to find a random cell phone being charged on our charger that was initially in a drawer, we later found out it belonged to housekeeping. On that same day we had booked an excursion for a day at a beach resort hotel, I made sure to ask the agent if she was sure there were pools there like it stated on the paper because my son and husband are both allergic to mercury, she assured me that there would be. After a 40 min ride to our resort we were told they had no pools! I cant tell you the disappointment we felt, we asked to be taken back to our cruise ship. When we got back the excursion department was closed so we lost out on a whole day. On Halloween day they said they were giving out candy for the kids, after 30 min of walking around the entire ship my kids revived 2 pieces of candy each!!! With all that money we paid for our tickets you would think that the least they can do is give out a decent amount of candy. This was our first family trip and I cant tell you how heartbroken we are, this will be our last time on a cruise thanks to Royal Princess. Please consider my review before booking, if your a family with kids I scan promise you that you will come back extremely disappointed.