3. Norwegian Breakaway
This opinion is based on my past experience with my 2 previous Norwegian cruises. I sailed on both the Getaway and the Escape and found the staff was more attentive, professional, always smiling and ready to serve. What a surprise on the Breakaway, and not in a good way! Either Norwegian is seriously slipping or they really have a management issue on this ship. First off, the ship card given at the port didn’t work on the ship, just imagine the line of people that ended up at guest services on the ship waiting for a new ship card, because without it you can’t get drinks or anything. Dined at the ”Teppanyaki” specialty dining restaurant one night and the cook made fun of the fact that my guest had an egg allergy, and continued to do so throughout the entire cooking experience and meal, wtf? And the food wasn’t good, the rice was burnt and hard. The servers at most of the bars around the ship were very slow to get guest drinks, they all seemed miserable tbh and never smiled. At a few of the bars, the bartender downright had an attitude towards guest, I experienced this personally as well. Again wtf, why are servers being mean to paying guest? The food in the buffet was hit or miss and mediocre at best at certain times and on certain days. Some of the items were cold, not refilled often, or just not fresh. This was not the case every day, but was often enough to be noticed. My room was not cleaned on one day in the middle of the week, I thought that it was because it was a port day but the steward assigned to my cabin didn’t even show the last day/night of the cruise either. The internet on this ship had issues connecting or just being slow at times. The 4 port days and the excursions we choose did make up for my disappointment on board the ship though. Again, I do not know if Norwegian is slipping or this ship has management issues, but this was not was experience on 2 previous NCL cruises

NCL is slipping or this ship has management issues

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by kris33074

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony Stateroom

The internet on this ship had issues connecting or just being slow at times.

kris33074’s Full Rating Summary