• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

comcox
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2010
Cabin: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Holland America's ms Volendam Circumnavigation of Australia 14 March-17 April 2010, roundtrip out of Sydney, 34 days with 18 ports of call. We sailed with about 1250 passengers, primarily from the U.S., Canada, Britain, and Australia.

Pre-cruise Travel

I elected to fly United Airlines to Sydney because I have elite status with them and can enjoy Premium Economy seating and free baggage. I selected to fly via San Francisco because the airport is more compact and better organized than Los Angeles. The flights went well with only minor turbulence and we arrived just few minutes late in Sydney. I had pre-booked online with KST Airport Shuttle for transportation to my hotel. They charge 12.60 AUD (pre-pay) or 14.00 AUD (pay at time of service). There was a little bit of confusion finding my driver in the airport and he had other passengers to drop first, but I find their service reliable and easy to use.

Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Cabin E

Cabin 1902, category E, deck 1, midship. Very large cabin with lots of storage. No noise from hallway or above; however, there was engine hum/vibration from below plus an occasional other noise (possible sound of hammering or clanking of chain) which did not bother me. Bathroom had mini-tub with bathmat provided.

Find a Volendam Cruise from $589