3. Ruby Princess
It was a family cruise with number of others already booked on this Alaska cruise. We went on this one because others already book the cruise. I found Alaska cruising pretty boring to visit tiny rural towns that exist mainly to host cruise ships. Native American excursion in Ketchikan and Gardens and Glass Blowing in Skagway were really only interesting thing to participate in for this cruise. I have been to Alaska previously expected to see a good deal of wildlife including whales, bears, eagles and such as we sailed. One whale sighting on other side of ship was about it. We did not see glaciers as Tracey's Arm was blocked with floating ice. Frankly, if you have seen fjords in Norway or Chili, you have seen all the fjords as they are all about the same. Steep shoreline down to the water, trees with snow capped mountains off at distance and sail an hour and it is the same thing and so on. Boring. Food was good, entertainment was good, and other features of Princess were consistent with what one would find on a cruise in the Med or Carib. Princess does great job no matter the venue. I just found Alaska from a ship not worth time or money. I'd rather be in Med where there is some culture and history to see. If I wanted to see uninteresting little towns, I could simply drive an hour in any direction from the city I live in.

Great ship, great cruise line, rather boring place to visit

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Retired grandparents