3. Majestic Princess
With only a day and one-half to explore Sydney, we only captured a small glimpse of this charming city. Both embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly and very quickly for us. Our balcony cabin was roomy and nicely decorated. Cabin steward was excellent. Being as it was at the front part of the ship, anywhere between 4,000 and nearly 6,000 steps were done daily.With so many guests, I worried about elevator wait times, but there was rarely much wait times. We were disappointed with food preparation. Chicken was consistently tough, and other meats overcooked and dry. Wait times for mains were extraordinarily long most evenings in the dinning room, and I found the Buffet confusing. For instance, all the cold cereals were in an entirely different place to the hot. Most of the entertainment was top notch with the notable exception of two or three. Also disappointed with one guest services' staffer whosexEnglish skills were so bad, neither of us could understand each other. Why would the ship put someone like that in that position? Excursions desk seemed able only to sell the excursions, but in some cases knew nothing about them. When I asked who might know more about a particular excursion marked 'strenuous', I was told I could see a picture, as if that would tell me what I needed to know Ports were interesting. The one excursion we did purchase from the ship was a hop, on/hop off bus tour in Noumea. It was very well organized and the best deal on offer. We found all offers to be cost prohibitive.

Bigger doesn't automatically mean better.

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by dancingthewaltz

Both embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly and very quickly for us.

Our balcony cabin was roomy and nicely decorated. Cabin steward was excellent.

dancingthewaltz’s Full Rating Summary