3. Norwegian Sun
I just got back from my first NCL cruise today and I definitely didn't want to wait to write this. Let me start with the pros: The ship is very clean, and it is nice. The wait and cleaning staff are nice and knowledgeable. Okay now the cons: 1. Our itinerary got changed because of the hurricane damaging one of the ports we were visiting. I know this is not NCL's fault, but the way they handled it was. Previously this happened to me on a Royal Caribbean cruise and they found another place for us to go. I understand NCL didn't have that option, so we just got a day at sea. I called them to ask about the port fees for that specific place being reimbursed, and they said they would not be. I asked for compensation some how because it didn't make sense that we were having to pay port fees for somewhere we were not going. It took me 2.5 hours on the phone multiple times to get them to give us anything. I will say they eventually upgraded us to a balcony room when we were initially in an inside cabin, but that was only because the balcony rates had dropped to what we had already paid anyway...so really they didn't give us anything. 2. We were sailing with others, and whoever upgraded their room on the phone, ended up removing their unlimited drink package without telling them. We didn't find this out until we were on the boat. This took another hour and a half on the boat to resolve!! We literally had printed out proof that we had paid for it, and they still wouldn't listen. The in person staff said they could only speak to corporate to resolve it. I told them I would wait while they called them, and they said they could only do it through email and asked me to step aside so they could help someone else. I asked how long it would take through email and they said they could not give me an estimated time. The guy I was talking to said I could call corporate, so I did, right there in front of him. When I finally got corporate to realize what THEY did, he said he couldnt talk to to them over the phone. I asked why he told me to call then and he just shrugged. This was a terrible start to the cruise. 3. When they finally heard through email from corporate, we went back to get our cards reprinted with the drink package on it, and there was a couple in front of us dealing with the same situation and they were on their second hour of standing there! 4. Royal Caribbean's food is way better 5. It literally took 10 minutes to get a drink, even if there was two people at the bar, and the drinks were pretty weak (and I'm not normally a drinker) 6. They didn't stick to itinerary times..like if entertainment started at 1, they would start it at 1:10 or whenever they decided to 7. The entertainment on royal is way better There's so much more I can't even remember but I had another NCL cruise booked and I came home and cancelled it immediately.

I'll never sail with NCL again

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by dgzus

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Let me start with the pros:

The ship is very clean, and it is nice.

The wait and cleaning staff are nice and knowledgeable.

Okay now the cons: