3. Regal Princess
We chose this cruise because it was a new location to cruise to for us. We never like to cruise for just 7 days so we actually booked this as a B2B2B cruise and were on the Regal from Oct 12 to Oct 31. It was our first time cruising out of New York. This was also our first time on the Regal and the first time on a medallion class ship. We arrived in NY the night before we cruised and stayed in a hotel near the pier. Boarding was easy and quick with the medallion. Our first 14 days on the ship our room was E437 an obstructed view balcony category BW. The truth was the view was not obstructed because the room looked over the small pilot lifeboat, in other words the view was great. The last five days we spent in room D501 a BB class balcony room. Both rooms were very nice and served us well. In room E437 our room steward was Carlos and he went out of his way of taking care of us and our room. I know he went home on Oct 31. In room D501 our room steward was Eduardo and he did a very good job but not quite as attentive as Carlos. The ship was in very good shape. It is a large ship with some very nice areas. I really wish it had the walk around promenade deck but it does not. I did use the gym on the ship frequently and all the equipment was in great shape. The Piazza is where many activities go on. At times the music can actually be a little to loud and echoes through the 3 floors of the Piazza. The elevators by the Piazza are very frustrating and if you really want to use an elevator go to the front or rear elevators during busy times or you will wait forever for an elevator. We had anytime dining for our first time. We found if we agreed to share a table we would wait for long periods of time for service, in fact one time they forgot to take our order and we had to bring it up to get the service. We found if we had a table for 2 the service was great and quick. The food itself was good, not great but good. We did not eat at any specialty restaurants. We did eat at Alfredo's as well as get pizza from the area by the pool as well as burgers and hot dogs a few times. These areas were good. The entertainment it the main theater was very good. The comedians they brought in were also very good. Keep in mind the theater does fill up early especially as the cruise goes on. After the first night if you were not in the theater a good 30 minutes before a show you might have trouble finding a place to sit. I like cruising with Princess it is my favorite cruise line and I have cruised on my lines. The Regal was very nice but not my favorite Princess ship. I never did find a favorite place on the ship, I did find some favorite crew. I would cruise on the Regal again without hesitation. We did cruise through some heavy storms a couple times and the ship handled the storms well. The waves were even crashing over the windows on deck 5. Cruising New England/ Canada was a first for us. It was a beautiful area but nothing that made me want to go back there. It is a lot like where I live so it was nothing real special to us. I did enjoy the area it just didn't make us want to come back. One thing that did happen while we were onboard was during our last 5 days on the ship a large group of people came on the ship. This group was there for the people of the TV show Lt. Joe Kenda Homicide Hunter. We did see the star of the show and his wife and even had lunch with some of the actors from the show. The group did not bother anything you just noticed them because they wore a lot of different t-shirts about the event.

Regal Princess B2B2B