3. Norwegian Sun
I chose this 4 day cruise to celebrate my birthday. I traveled solo and had a fantastic time. I noticed NCL had reduced the price to $99 without a single supplement plus 1 perk, and I jumped at the offer last minute. NCL then offered me the option to bid on an upgrade. I bid $50 for a balcony and won. I also applied 1 cruise next coupon so sailed away with a great deal on this cruise. This cruised sailed out of Port Canaveral and embarkation took 10 minutes (at noon). Debarkation was even quicker. They examined my passport before I left the ship and I was at the shuttle within 5 minutes. No wait for an elevator, wait at customs... or wait at all. It was the smoothest getting on and off the ship ever! The interior of the ship appears new and is very clean. My stateroom was clean and showed minimal wear. For instance, the cabinets had knicks. There was plenty of storage. The only weird thing was the hairdryer....bring your own. I normally dined in the main formal dining room and had 3 fabulous dinners. So delicious! The last dinner was average. I did not find the buffet area crowded, and in fact appreciated the outside section that had two buffet lines. One could dine on the outside deck, use the sports bar tables (since they are closed until the afternoon), or go into the inside buffet. I had lunch in the dining room or in Modernos. Breakfast was a combo of the formal dining room or the buffet. Breakfast was the same everyday, but was tasty and fresh. I loved the wide selection of fresh fruit every day. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful, friendly and courteous. The musical talent on board was amazing, and I especially loved the pianist/singer named Andre. He is an unbelievably talented man and I never tired of listening to him. I met many other solo travelers, and NCL had a cruise staff host a solo get together every evening. I dined with them. I also was given a cake for my birthday and was chosen to participate in the officer's dinner the 3rd night of the cruise. I really liked the design of the Sun. Even though it is one of the smaller ships and was at capacity for this trip, I never felt crowded and always found little private places and or seats. The bars at the pool had a wait, but I solved that problem by walking to the back bar by the outside buffet or I visited the bar in the Sports restaurant. I don't understand all the bad reviews for the Sun. For the price it was an amazing short vacation and I would sail on her again anytime.

Great cruise at a great price

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by lolajeff

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony

lolajeff’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B2
I loved the cabin. 4 doors away from the back elevator and it was a quiet room. No issues at all. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and there was a ton of storage, especially since I was traveling solo.
Fjord Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins