3. Norwegian Sky
This is the classic, you get what you pay for. My biggest concern prior to the cruise was all of the bad reviews on food. I have sailed NCL many times and the reality of these incredibly low fares is that NCL is cutting corners on Garden Cafe/Lido Deck buffet food. If embarcation day was any indication related to food quality all the bad reviews were correct. No sign of beef, shrimp or anything but low end food items on the buffet, with many wiped out and empty items all over the buffet in an 85 degree Garden Cafe. In short terms a disaster. Other experiences on board requiring active complaining on my behalf to get any resolution were as follows: 1. Cabin on embarcation day 80+ degrees (fixed and corrected) 2. Spa attempting to charge $15 per day for access to the steam and sauna after NCL reservations at booking informed me that there was no charge and open access. (also resolved after being spoken to by the spa manager like I was a third grader. Guest services were also surprised to learn of the $15 daily fee that according to the spa manager began 3 days prior) 3. Le Bistro food and service extremely poor. (also resolved by the Le Bistro manager) On a brighter note, Cagney's food excellent and for what I paid, what I got was ok. Concerning my balcony room, the only view of the outdoors was a 24" wide door. Do not expect what we are all used to in balcony cabins with wall to wall glass. Also, unless the drapes are kept fully shut during day light hours the cabin A/C is ineffective.

Dirt Cheap 5 Night Bahamas... With its share of aggravation

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by johnbrnc

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

1. Cabin on embarcation day 80+ degrees (fixed and corrected)

johnbrnc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA
Ok and newly renovated. Balcony door issue was surprising and marginal A/C was also a challenge.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins