3. Celebrity Infinity
We wanted a cruise of the Greek Islands and the Infinity has a wonderful itinerary to see the islands as well as Israel. The ports of call were exactly what we were looking for. Israel was a very good stop and if anyone were to ask me I would say Israel is very safe and well worth visiting. It was the itinerary that brought us to Infinity. I have sailed two other Celebrity ships the Summit and Equinox. Sadly the Infinity is not the equal of her sister ships. Both ships always rank in the top 10 in all categories. While the infinity is comfortable she is showing her age. The rooms and public areas are very clean even if the passengers are not leaving trash there instead of finding a receptacle for their discard. Crew does an excellent job of keeping her clean. I would not say don't sail on her as the ports of call are perfect. I have one major complaint about 1 of the ships crew. The DJ who provides recorded music around the martini bar believes that the passengers on the ship are 20 or 30 somethings and insists on playing the music in the area too loud. In four separate days I tried to get the music turned down so that one did not have to yell to be heard while enjoying their martini. I spoke to the bar tender and he accommodated that was one day. The next day the DJ was there and I spoke to him in a very calm and logical way and while he did turn down the volume he seemed to be insulted that I made that request. On another day I found a senior ship officer and complained to him about the arrogance of the DJ who worked that station. He said he would address it. On the fourth occasion the DJ was again there and again I requested the volume be lowered. Again he didn't care for my request but turned the volume down. Clearly he did not understand that the passengers pay his salary and the voice of the cruiser should speak volumes to him. While this crew member was not interested in the passengers comfort I have to say the head bartender at the martini bar was the best bartender I have ever had on a Celebrity ship. He was so attentive and accommodating giving us one of the finer moments of our cruise. Every afternoon we enjoyed our own happy hour at the martini bar. After two days he knew what we drank and with in moments of arriving at a seat had our drinks ready. He knew we always had two each night and when we finished our first he was ready with our second. It was wonderful. His service is typical of the Celebrity crew not like the DJ. Our cabin steward was also accommodating. I had two small issues with the room and one was a physical adjustment and he had it corrected by dinner time. It required the maintenance staff make the adjustment. Happy with the attention. I hear that they ruined the martini bar on the new ship the Edge. The location of the bar is poor and the allocated room is too small. Celebrity martini bar is one of our favorite features of the cruise line. It is a shame that their focus group didn't give Celebrity the correct input for the Edge martini bar. I hope they don't refresh the ships and ruin the martini bar in the process and any new ships they don't do what they did to the Edge. CruCon booked our arrangements. While other travel agents would not pass on savings that Celebrity was offering CruCon did and it was significant. I will always book with CruCon the best in the business.

The Infinity is just average

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by dras2

dras2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Concierge Class 3
Cabin C3
Typical cabin in this class but showing its age. The bathroom corian counter top had chips in it and the sink trap chrome fixtures were worn showing their brass core. The furniture was fine and the cabinets and other fixtures were in fine shape. The bathroom arrangement is good and the shower has sufficient room for a cruise ship shower
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins