3. Columbus
Having cruised many times before I decided to try a different cruise line for a weekend cruise sailing from Tilbury. The staff on Columbus were lovely and provided good service. The ship, however, was very old and tired in some areas. This cruise was certainly being run on a budget with poor quality food with a limited choice range, a buffet that closes for much of the time and mediocre entertainment. We got back on board at 2.50 hungry and the buffet was being closed whilst we were trying to get food. I have never experienced this before on any cruise. Others arrived back later and could not get any food. Windows were so dirty we couldn’t take advantage of the views inside the ship. I would compare this cruise to staying in a 2 / 3 star hotel and if this suits you then you would probably enjoy this cruise line but it’s not my cup of tea. I would not cruise with Cruise and Maritime again.

3 star cruise

Columbus Cruise Review by 1952wag

Windows were so dirty we couldn’t take advantage of the views inside the ship.

I would not cruise with Cruise and Maritime again.
1952wag’s Full Rating Summary
Get Columbus price drops

Cabin was comfortable enough but Noisy overnight with engine sounds quite loud at times. Shower room was tired.

Beds were comfortable.