MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by skyestrega47

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Inside Stateroom

I have sailed on MSC Seaside twice before and really enjoyed everything about it. So I decided to sail on Meraviglia. There were confusing issues constantly. I registered as a gluten free passenger but that was not on their list. I booked the cruise 2 years ago while onboard Seaside but nothing I signed up for showed on their reservations. Seaside had lots of great options for eating but Meraviglia had very few. Dining room was only open at night so I was not able to order gluten free at the buffet. I went for breakfast 2 times in Panorama and they were very disorganized with serving gluten free options. SEASIDE delivered gluten free pastries every day to my cabin, Meraviglia did not do this. I ended up going to the Marketplace and carefully selecting my foods. As a side note NCL allows you to order gluten free pizza at the buffet MSC does not.

I had pre-purchased the Thermal Spa package for the entire cruise and I had purchased a 50 minute Bali massage. Neither appeared in their systems but I presented my confirmation from MSC showing it was there. They took 5 days to actually acknowledge I had them. I was given a 30 minute free massage but since half the cruise was over it was hard to schedule it in.

I found the "Captains night" lacking as they were concerned with pushing people through. My photo with the Captain was printed huge and was going to cost me $50.00. I asked for a smaller version and was told sorry it would not be available. Several days later I found smaller versions so they agreed to print one for me at $25.00. The welcome back cocktail party was insane. The captain appeared for a moment above the promonade and thanked everyone for being family. There was no photo opportunity as on the other 2 sailings with MSC.

As for the crew they were wonderful, My waiters James and Matt in Wave were outstanding as was my Maitre de Roby. The people in the spa were very nice and the massages were excellent. I found the drink packages very confusing and what was "given for free" did not offer drinks anywhere except in the dining room or during meal times., If I wanted a cocktail any other time I had to pay for it.

The ship was beautiful and sailed so smoothly even in rough waters. I love MSC but I was very disappointed with this ships processes. I think people onboard should be allowed to make decisions without constantly having to contact headquarters when the evidence is right in front of them.

skyestrega47's Full Rating Summary

Fantastica Inside Stateroom

My cabin was more than ok. It was an inside cabin with lots of room for me to move about. The bathroom was again more than large enough with everything I needed. I even noted they included facecloths which were not available on SEASIDE

Great trip, stopped several times to explore. About 30 persons onboard.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Bar Harbor

I walked about Bar Harbor on my own and totally enjoyed this port of call.

Private trip with several trips on the way. About 30 people Excellent guide and trip

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Sydney (Nova Scotia)

Was not impressed with this stop and not really sure why it was included. I walked about but it was really windy and raw.

Portland (Maine)

I walked about Portland and enjoyed seeing what was there. I had a wonderful Lobster lunch along the pier...

Boston

I walked about on my own. Was disappointed that the crew onboard did not know the bus ticket was going to the Faniuel Hall. I was told it was totally different and I ended up taking a taxi for 18.00 which brought me to the same place as the bus did. I did take the bus back.

skyestrega47