3. Empress of the Seas
Was originally scheduled to go to Cuba, but due to recent changes by the US government, the itinerary was changed. I followed the reviews for this ship for a few months and was very leary about going anywhere on this ship. Put your mind at ease, the ship was great! It is small, but it is personable. The crew is great. You could not ask for a better wait staff. The servers were very friendly. Basically, I did not encounter any bad personalities. The guest were just as friendly, and very respectful of the staff. I have been on many cruises where that was not the case. As for the odor that some folks complained about, there is a whiff of a sewage smell on certain decks, but it is not overpowering or unbearable. Did not experience any plumbing issues in the cabin. I had an interior room and no roommate so space was not an issue for me. My sister and niece shared a room and they appeared to be able maneuver in the room without any issues. Entertainment was good. For the 8 days they had a nice variety. Juggler, violinist, Celine Deion impersonation, comedian, production show. Small casino with decent machines. Was cruising during Halloween and RCCL really did a nice job with the decorations and entertainment for that night. Had a blast at the 70’s party. Food was typical cruise food, but I would say one thing, best hot dogs, burgers and fries I have ever tasted on a cruise ship. Better than the Guy Ferier burger stand on the Carnival line. Caribbean night is also a good night to eat in the Windjammer. Very good oxtails....yummy! Did one excursion through RCCL in San Juan. Tour of old and new San Juan with a 2 hr stop at the mall. Two hours is not enough time for this mall. You need at least 4 hrs. This is a huge mall. All in all, this ship is the little ship with a big heart. So book your cruise and have a wonderful time. Go with an open mind and enjoy!

Pleasantly Surprised

jazzy100’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin 2V 4621
No issues with my cabin. Other reviews complained about the cabins being small, I really could not see much of a difference from other interior cabins that I booked on previous cruises.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins