3. Caribbean Princess
My Husband & I had never been to the East Coast and I was excited to see the fall colors. We are both history buffs and I wanted to explore the history of this region. Our room was excellent and my favorite which is the last balcony on floor 14 as the balcony is a bit larger and the view is better for me. Our room Stuart was excellent. The bed and pillows were very nice. Room service in the morning was very good but the menue is very limited. A nice pot of coffee is the most important and it was always prompt and hot. I like smaller ships but thought I would try a ship with 3000 people to see if things ran smoothly. Well EVERYTHING was crowded and a hastle. The Buffet was a nightmare! No matter what time we went between 5PM and 8PM the seating was so crowded you would wander around with plates of food looking for a place to sit. There was a virus outbreak so you could not serve yourself and all the waitstaff was serving buffet items. There was no one on the floor to get you water or coffee and you could not go near the beverage area! One time I ran down to my room to get water for my meal! It was so irritating. Why dont they seat you and get your drink order, reserve the table, then send you to the buffet? I tried to make reservations at the specialty restaurants but everything was full. I was told to come on by and see if someone did not show up for their reservation. This was for the Anytime Dining Room too! Soooo many people. I love the production shows so the 1st show I went about 20 minutes early and barely got a seat with my husband. Next production show I went 30 minutes early with the same results. The last show I went 1 hour early and got good seats. In all the shows there were people standing along the side of the theater during the entire production. This made me most uncomfortable. What if there were a fire - yikes. WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE! The excursions are usually good and well organized. Well not this time. The 1st port (Newport) we were to be tendered to shore. This is usually not a problem as we meet at a location and our entire tour is tendered togather and in plenty of time for the tour. This time we were left on our own to compete with the rest of our 3000 closest friends to get to shore on time. We were in the loby at 10 AM and did not get to shore until 12:15 - A WHOLE HOUR LATE FOR OUR TOUR!! WTH! The Excursion Staff said OOPS! Refund. REFUND! By the time I got to shore I had no time to book another tour to see the Mansions I was looking forward to. The Excursion Staff suggested I could shop. SHOP! I can do that at home! We had to skip two ports due to the weather (so again there were no reservations for the Dining Rooms or the Specialty Resteraunts and I was stuck at the buffet again!). We were offered a 20% discount on a future cruise, and altho this is a nice touch it could have been more. Especially becasue of this Norovirus thing. So other than not getting into many of the shows in the Princess Theater and not getting to eat at any of the good restaurants this cruise wasn't too bad. I advise you to make reservation for all resteraunts prior to your cruise. Make reservations for your dining the day you arrive When you are on one of these Ships with so many people! Also missing 2 ports was especially disappointing (especially since I feel I missed the Newport port also). I feel I need a "do over". Maybe I will start shopping for another East Coast Trip -- with Princess???? I do not know. Let me get over this disappointment befor I make that commitment. I hear Viking river cruise on the Hudson is great and they have small ships and don't nickel and dime me to death. Hummmmm...

New England and Quebec City Cruise

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by bsbev

bsbev’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB
Loved my cabin and loved the location at the back of the ship one level down from the buffet.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins