3. Grand Princess
I chose this cruise since it did not involve a flight for my elderly mother. Prior to the cruise I read many reviews complaining about the ship. I am not sure why the reviews are so negative. The Grand Princess is an older ship but well maintained. I did not notice any major maintenance issues in public areas. During the cruise I ate at both specialty restaurants, the Chef's Table, Pub Lunch and Club Class Dining. I also ate at the buffet. My least favorite experience was the Club Class dining. It was included since I booked a suite. I would have been disappointed if I had paid for the experience. The tables for two were too close together and the special table side item was a pasta dish. I thought the service was better in the other portion of the dining room. The Pub Lunch was a nice free experience and the buffet selection was limited, but good quality. If I had any complaint about the food is that sometimes it was "too fancy". I would have preferred plain food cooked excellently over just good food with garnishes. Where Princess could improve is in entertainment and activities. I would personally like to see less trivia and more enrichment lectures. Also, more production shows instead of comedy/magicians. Since this is an older ship, it does not have some of the spa features like the Enclave. There was a sauna & steam room, but the door to the steam room did not always close properly. Service for the most part was outstanding. The crew went out of their way to assist my mother, who has mobility issues. The assigned room steward was efficient, although not as friendly as some. Everything we asked for in the cabin was done. It is important when booking a suite to know what you are entitled to receive, so that you can fully enjoy the benefits. I had previously visited all the ports. A port visit to Victoria was cancelled due to weather. I will probably do this itinerary again in the future with my mother and in laws and hopefully will get to see Victoria then. Next time I will pick a different time of year. The cruise was a little rocky going up the coast.

Pacific Coastal Cruise

LSGDRG’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Penthouse Suite with Balcony
Cabin S4
I chose this suite for it's location. It is mid ship and near both the elevators and laundry room. Although the cabin decor is slightly dated, it is well maintained and clean. There is lots of available storage. The only negative I found was that the mini refrigerator did not seem to be installed correctly, although it maintained the correct temperature.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    It was an average bus tour. It was a good option for someone with limited mobility since there was not a lot of walking. I would have liked the tour guide to have provided more historical information on what we were seeing.
    View All 59 City Tour Reviews