3. Carnival Glory
We're Carnival Cruise regulars - gold status - and just returned from a fabulous cruise to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel on Sunday, after first spending a week in New Orleans. The ship is definitely showing signs of age and wear, but who cares when the crew members are amazing, helpful, and downright friendly. From Made, our cabin steward (Deck 8, forward), to the staff at Guest Services, EVERYONE, bar none, was delightful, courteous, and seemed genuinely interested in assisting their passengers. We usually plan our own excursions, but went with Carnivals top-rated ones for each post on this cruise, and I'm so glad we did. The jeep tour in Montego Bay (with crazy man Kasha driving) was informative, scenic, and better than the "Indiana Jones" ride at Disneyland!!! We saw beautiful scenery, stunning hidden waterfalls, and experienced a monsoonal downpour - and Kasha kept the jeep up on all four wheels for the duration! The kayak tour and swimming with stingrays in Grand Cayman was a blast too - stingrays really are just "sea puppies" and thrive on love and attention. And Cozumel, one of my favorite ports, was amazing as usual - started the day with a taxi ride into town for some much-needed shopping (spent two hours in Los Cincos Soles (The Five Suns)) and made it back to the ship just in time for our scheduled Champagne Elite Catamaran tour, which was THE best snorkeling excursion I've ever been on - including those experienced on the Hawaiian islands. You can't have a bad snorkeling experience in Cozumel, but the boat's crew had us feeling like family after four hours - they fed us (way too much) the most delicious and home-made food (don't even get me started on the guacamole!) and plied us with alcohol - as much as you could drink - and other tasty beverages. Just typing this has me yearning for more - time to plan my return trip to New Orleans and another cruise on the Glory ASAP!

Tired Ship with the MOST Amazing Crew and Excursions

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Christine Too

Christine Too’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F 8234
Our inside cabin was fine and what we usually get. Plenty of storage and ample space - we are usually in the cabin to sleep, nap, and get ready for the day/night.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Catamaran tour
    The Elite Chamgagne Snorkel tour was the BEST from-a-boat snorkel adventure I've ever been on. The boat was lovely, the snorkeling amazing - it's Cozumel, the snorkeling is always amazing! - and the CREW was downright glorious. They fed us delicious and home-made food - tons of guacomole - and plied us with all of the delicious alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages we could possibly want over the course of our four hour excursion. The crew members worked as a team and acted like family - delightful and funny - and welcomed its passengers into the family fold as well. Would definitely do this tour again. (And be sure to spend some time shopping in San Miguel, a taxi ride away from the port. Although the port has some lovely shops, you can't beat the variety and ambience of town, with its many stores and art galleries - I'd travel to Cozumel strickly for the shopping if I could!)
    View All 129 Catamaran tour Reviews
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    The kayaking portion of the kayak-swim with stingrays tour was okay - interesting and scenic, but don't think I'd do this again.
    View All 3,489 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Now, this was fun! Stingrays are just big sea puppies with funny personalities and love to be loved on. (I was a bit fussy when I was told that I couldn't take one home with me!)
    View All 3,489 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Montego Bay
    Can I give this tour (and crazy man Kasha, the driver) 25 stars?? Amazing in every way - would do this again in a heartbeat.
    View All 482 Montego Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Montego Bay Cruise Port Review
  • New Orleans
    This was our 20th visit to New Orleans in 25 years - my favorite place in the US - and we still haven't seen or done everything. The city has changed (for the better, I think) over the years - go, have fun, eat amazing food, walk everywhere, visit the Lafayette and Saint Lewis #3 cemeteries, get lost in City Park, take the St Charles Ave streetcar to the end of the line and then back again, stroll through the garden district, and listen to the most incredible music on Frenchmen Street (in the Faubourg Marigny, across Esplanade Street) and RELAX and enjoy and appreciate the charm that this incredible town has to offer.
    View All 639 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews