My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this cruise BUT we did not like the ship for the following reasons:-
1) It is far too modern
2) There are a lot of dark rooms that look quite depressing.
3) We did not like the fixed dining room - unlike Solstice class there are 4 almost identical dining rooms instead of the 3 floor Dining and you are allotted one of them, you can get a seat in any of the other 3 if you take a pager and wait but they are all very similar with dark décor and soft lighting.
4) Because of the above (3) you are seated in rows and that means you almost positively have to talk to the people next to you and even if you don't they can hear your conversations. So, no privacy if you have booked a table for 2 as we do.
5) The Martini bar has been dumped in the middle of the Grand Plaza which is such a shame as that is normally our favourite bar. Also at night it is not at all like the other Celebrity ships as you cannot sit all the way around it, only 3/4 of the way and again it is very badly lit.
6) When you are on the pool deck and you here the group singing it will take you a while to find where they are - they are hidden behind a glass balcony to the left and slightly above the pool bar!!!! Why hide them??
7) No sail away parties, we love a good sail away with a cocktail but we tended to be 2 of the very few on deck when that happened.
The great things about this ship were the staff, the food and the entertainment and the rather large pool - plus the 2 shore excursions we did were excellent!
Loved the cabin, although a little narrower it had the most comfortable bed with massive tv (although not able to get much on it that was not American!). The most amazing bathroom with proper door on the shower and plenty of room. Wardrobes were in a better place so that you could open both the bathroom and the cupboard doors at the same time.
Always love a wonder around Rome although forgot to ask how much the catch of the day was in a restaurant in the via Vitoria and it was 120euros - shared so 60 euros each just for the fish! It was delicious though!!
We did Sorrento with wine tasting and it was a brilliant day with lovely wine and nibbles with beautiful weather and a great guide.View All 165 Sorrento Reviews
We love Palma and just got a taxi into the town but beware the taxis are all 15 euros from the port even though it is a short trip - although the terminal we were moored on was too far to walk.
We were here overnight so it was a great opportunity to pop off in the evening of the first day and have a meal and then we hopped of on the second day and visited the market and sat in the Rambles, beware your money is safe! We could have visited various places but we have been many times before.
Had a great day, just got on the Hop-On Hop-Off bus at the port and went all the way around - this was a good one as sometimes you do not see much but we really enjoyed it and it was about 20 euros each.
We did a Shore Excursion booked on board and visited a Tuscany Farm where we went on a coach and then in a horse drawn carriage and had a fantastic afternoon with great food and loads of wine and even a song from the Italian owner!!!