3. Majestic Princess
First time on this ship. Have never suffered motion sickness and have experienced heavy seas on previous voyages on smaller ships. On this ship many of us felt the engine vibrations strongly, causing nausea and anxiety for much of the cruise. I am very puzzled as to why this unpleasant feeling occurred but it was a common complaint among passengers so I was not alone. The seas were very calm so did not expect to feel sick. Came back several kilos lighter, so something positive, anyway. Can anyone explain why these unpleasant vibrations were felt? Mainly in the buffet and dining room but also in the theatre. Now for the rest...the good and the annoying..... The crew were all fantastic! They go out of their way to make you feel special and I cannot fault anyone on this cruise. They work so hard. The Halloween pumpkin display was superb and the crew enjoyed dressing up for the event. The Filipino crew members in particular are so friendly and cheerful and always say hi to you. The cruise director, a nice Canadian fellow, was very good. Embarkation and disembarkation were very quick and smooth...thanks to all the cheerful staff at the Overseas Passenger Terminal. The food was quite good and if you did not like a meal it was quickly and efficiently replaced with another of your choice. How can you complain about it? The head waiter, Larry, went out of his way to find us seating where that unpleasant vibration was less obvious, too. It didn't help much, though, and I ate very little. The crew deserve a Certificate 3 in Aged care as they are fantastic with the hundreds of frail, palliative and very elderly people on board. They even had a hoist to gently transfer them into the Hollywood Pool. I though this was amazing. The most annoying things? Idiotic passengers cramming themselves into already packed lifts instead of waiting for a less crowded one. There was no air coming into the lifts and if they broke down we would all suffocate. And unpleasantly, too, as some passengers do not wash or brush teeth. The other gripe? No room to see a show. We always got there at least an hour before the show began but no luck! People must just claim a seat and sit there for hours! Inconceivable to us! Same in the piazza. There must be a lot of folk with pressure sores on their tails from sitting in the same spot all day. To sum up...I could not travel on this ship again because of the weird, sick - making vibrations. My husband said he hated the ship as it was too big and nearly everyone we spoke to said it would be their last time on this ship for the same reason...no promenade deck, weird buffet setup, not enough seating etc made this a first and last for us and many others, sadly.

Engine vibrations unsettling to many people.

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by misslinnie

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Now for the rest...the good and the annoying.....

The cruise director, a nice Canadian fellow, was very good.

misslinnie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB
Seemed smaller than other Princess ships but ok. Nice to have a hand held shower so you can get properly clean for a change.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins