Arcadia Cruise Review

The best experience ever.

Arcadia Cruise Review by Kaz200972

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with Bath/Shower

Initially, we chose this cruise because it was quite cheap and we could pay monthly. As the time for the cruise drew nearer I was quite nervous because I'd seen some bad reviews for the ship.

My fears soon vanished when we arrived at the terminal. Embarkation was simple and quick and we were soon in our room. The cabin was much larger than I expected, very roomy and plenty of storage space. We had a great room steward, Thomas, who looked after the cabin really well.

We had a meal in the Belvidere Buffet which was excellent. Later we went to the Meridian restaurant where we introduced to our waiters Joe and Lee. The food and service were absolutely fantastic, every single day. I can't praise the service highly enough, nothing was too much trouble and the food was so lovely.

The Palladium Theatre was excellent and provided first-rate entertainment from the Headliners and various other entertainers. The ship talks were interesting and varied. Gym facilities are excellent and there are free dance classes. The spa is lovely and I had an excellent series of acupuncture sessions with Koko and learned a great deal about Chinese medicine. The two pools are excellent, especially the whirlpools. There are several excellent bars and the Globe does some very interesting talks too. The library is good.

The shore excursions were fabulous and good value for money, especially the Corfu and Sardinian ones.

Was there anything I disliked??? Yes, there was, the cruise had to end. It was an experience of a lifetime.

Kaz200972's Full Rating Summary

Outside Stateroom with Bath/Shower

Great cabin, much larger than expected and plenty of storage space. There were twin beds, a tv, bath, and shower. Good location as my friend did experience a little motion sickness going through the Bay of Biscay, our room was bottom deck midship and very smooth.

The room steward, Thomas, was great, really looked after us messy females!

I couldn't fault it!

Cartagena (Spain)

Good shore excursion to Cartagena and Murcia, very interesting, nice architecture and friendly people.

Great excursion, saw a lot of Corfu and had a great meal with dancing and music. Wine too.

Dubrovnik

Beautiful city, really stunning but quite expensive. Worth it though..

Great excursion to two lovely towns and a meal at a local tavern. Music, food, wine, dancing. Great value for money.

Venice

Verona is as fair as Shakespeare says.

Venice, I was speechless, I go to Venice quite often but it never fails to overwhelm me.

Sardinia was an unexpected treasure. Beautiful, beautiful Island, lovely, lovely people. The excursion was excellent value for money. Food, wine, dancing, music. An excellent guide. Very underrated, it's lovely.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

A very cheap excursion but very good. We went out on the straits and saw many dolphins, who came near to the boat too. Great.

Kaz200972