3. Regal Princess
Download and complete the Ocean Medallion ahead of time makes embarkation and disembarkation at all ports a breeze. The Regal Princess is beautiful and well maintained. Crew and staff were very pleasant and helpful. Salute to Caption Tim for a relatively smooth ride during a major storm that kept us from docking at St John !!! Regal Rock Orchestra was amazing ! Tours were well organized and Newport, Bar Harbor, and Halifax are wonderful coastal towns to explore. Food for the most part was high end. Minor notes: 1) the bathrooms are "really small" ,2) breakfast at the Horizon Buffet had lots of selections, but food for most part was on the cool to cold side so use the Made to Order Omelet station, 3) due to low lighting in the Crown Grill I unexpectedly ate a large piece of fat but otherwise it was the best food on ship, 3) the water taxi service needs improvement at Newport. This was the only port that Tours did not disembark as a group and even thought I allowed 1 1/2 extra time to get to port I almost missed my tour, so plan ahead 4) the Compass app of Ocean Medallion never worked for me or others on the ship, even with a visit to Internet Café for tech help, but everything else worked on the app worked as designed, and 5) Peggy's Cove is beautiful coastal fishing village, but for the hour ride out, ONLY an hour there, and another hour ride back and the fact most tours go there (we were the only ship in port and we had 10 buses on site) it was over crowded and by the time you get though the gift shop (where the bathrooms are), it doesn't give you much time to explore the site, so I don't think it isn't worth the tour prices. Again the above are all minor points and did not take away from a wonderful, relaxing, get-a-way. Overall a wonderful experience and would book another cruise, even this cruise again with Princess. They really mean " Come Back A New " !!!

Fall Foliage Cruise

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Owl1026

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)

They really mean " Come Back A New " !!!
Owl1026’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin DW
Only 1/2 of the balcony was obstructed by the winch for one of the life boats. By repositioning the curtains I was able to get an unobstructed veiw. Also, being a deluxe balcony there was more space in room, so I would recommend a Deluxe Balony over a Balony view room. Bathroom is really small !
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins