3. Seven Seas Mariner
We have been on over 20 cruises on various lines. We took this because it was the next level up and we wanted to compare it to Oceania. One passenger describe it best when he said about the crew, they are very friending and smile but the just don't understand what you are asking for. Alcohol is included in the price but if you don't drink, the staff does not know what to do with you. I never had a meal where I did not have to ask (seriously) at least 3 times per meal to have my water glass refilled. Everyday either first hand or watching others, orders (both drink and meal) were wrong or delivered to the wrong table. At least 3 times my order was delivered to someone else and I would not have gotten my order if I did not see this. In the dinning room we noticed that about 70% of the activity was around serving boos and not food. The meals were top notch. The everyday menu was excellent as a back-up if you did not like the daily choices. Chartreuse, the French restaurant was poor at best. Everyone we spoke to was very disappointed. One person was trying to be polite and when I said "it sucked", he said, "well.... yeah". The rooms were very roomy, that cabin crew nice but not as quick as we would expect. If we were gone for 2 or more hours in the morning, we did expect our room to be made up when we came back which did not happen about 1/3 of the time. Shore excursions are included in the price but you need to know that you have to book them within the first 5 minutes of them opening if you want to get a popular one. The excursions themselves were okay but because our itinerary was changed from Cuba to the Caribbean, I can understand that they were not excellent. The programs were some games and only had 2 enrichment seminars per day while at sea. For this group, more of that would have been appropriate. We are active people and there was not much to learn about of be active while at sea.

Food was outstanding - "Crew was nice but just don't understand"

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by bdonato

bdonato’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Mariner price drops

Room was spacious and bed was not too soft. Temperature control was poor at best. It was way too cold and we had to open the door to warm it up. When you adjusted the temparature down one notch it became a refrigerator.
  Seven Seas Mariner Deck Plans

• Antigua
    Well worth paying for. Nicole and her husband are wonderful hosts and we learned some new cooking techniques (as did she) and it was a very pleasant time.
    View All 13,534 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • River Tubing
    i am an experienced tuber and this river was not even close to ideal to send people down. i was tipped twice and glad i had on a helmet. The staff was friendly but did not know how to direct people through the river.
    View All 32 River Tubing Reviews
  • Kayaking
    A kayak trip is nicer if you go through areas that you can see the local beauty, not just through the sea/ocean
  • Parasailing
    i went alone and was put with another "odd" person out. This was my first time and it was very simple to do.
    View All 14 Parasailing Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Was simple. Had to leave early because of a shark siting.
    View All 87 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Rainforest
    Tour guide was great, the tour was listed as difficult but very simple and very short.
    View All 112 Rainforest Reviews
  • Culinary Tour
    Could have been great but they missed the mark. Had a wonderful historic home and gardens with a very poor tour at best. The cooking experience was okay and the recipes they gave had the ingredients but not how to cook. Something that a recipe really needs.
    View All 14 Culinary Tour Reviews
  • Virgin Gorda
    Could have been great with a better description of what was there. This was not meant for people who had any mobility issues (not just walkers etc.). The information said the beach was closed for swiming when it was not. The tour would have been better if we were left to explore the baths on our own.
    View All 222 Virgin Gorda Reviews