3. Royal Princess
We chose this cruise for the locations. We traveled from the UK and had three days in Vegas and three days in Los Angeles before joining the ship in San Pedro. Embarkation was very easy and quickly carried out, on board within half an hour, no hassle at all. We had been upgraded to a partial blocked view balcony cabin which we found to be really good. The cabin was spacious with plenty of storage space with the biggest amount of hangers I’ve seen on a cruise ship! Only two outlets for electrical items, both flat pin type for readers from UK? We were booked for anytime dining, but only used the main dining room once as we found the service a bit slow? Other diners around us had finished their meal before our main meal had arrived. We chose to use the Horizon Bistro or Court instead. The food from there was just as good, with plenty of choice. No problem with seating either. Plenty of activities available,gym,basketball,table tennis, shuffleboard etc, I only used the putting green.Also a running / walking track available. The service on board was overall very good, but some of the deck bars could have done with more help? Also in the Princess live ,theatre only one waitress, had to go to the bar outside to get a drink. We didn’t use Princess excursions as along with other cruise lines we find them too expensive, as always you can get them cheaper! Entertainment was ok, have seen better, but the game shows etc were good fun, the comedian was very good in the main theatre. If I had a real complaint it would be that there was a real lack of sanitizer available in the restaurants? Another one was my wife was really ill one night with vomiting, we went back to our suite and then she developed diarrhoea ,as per the info in the Daily Platter we contacted the health centre to inform them about this, the health official then informed me this was not an emergency and if they had to come out to see her they would charge us?? Disembarkation was as easy as embarkation was, least fuss ,done in an orderly timed way and luggage waiting on the dock side unit. We had booked transport to the airport via Princess, which as I have said was a bit more expensive, but we bit the bullet to make sure we got there without mishap? Overall a very good cruise with good ports of call except for Ensenada ,if you are just getting off for a walk around the port area not a very nice place to visit ,dirty and full of tat ?

California cruise

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Gordian

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed view)

Gordian’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin BW
Good cabin ,plenty of space,no problem with obstructed view
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins