3. Carnival Freedom
I chose this cruise because it was going to different places that I had not been to before. Getting on the ship was easy! Dropped off the luggage and walked on board, total time, less than an hour! Had lunch at Guy's Burger, it was an average lunch. Suitcase was already at the room before we went to the room. We were in cabin 6201, the room itself is nice. In a quiet area of the ship (nice for sleeping) it has a beautiful view and a larger area to walk outside and watch where the ship is going. FOOD: The dining area gave me the feeling of being entirely closed in, the tables separated by tall semi walls. The food was mostly average, however, the local picks that are added were very interesting. The jerk pork loin, very tasty. Breakfast in the dining room was a very different experience, food was hot and good. Room was open and you could actually see out to the water. Lunches were hit and miss, depending on where you eat at. The BBQ place was hot and had plenty of food if you wanted to taste everything. The taco place had two lines, one with tacos, beef, chicken and fish, the other with burritos. Lunch at the buffet was always interesting, but food went quick and they close very early whether or not everyone is finished. We went on 2 excursions: The Sea and See in Mahogany Bay was the best of the lot, the glass window underwater boat was perfect way to see all things under water, then we went shopping in several different areas, we did go to the rum cake shop and the chocolate factory. The 2nd one in Belize, the ruins and the river boat one. The ruins were different, but after using a complete can of bug repellent between the two of us we were ready to leave. The river boat might have been nice but we got stuck in a downpour! The driver did try and point animals out to us but it was hopeless (the rain NOT THEIR FAULT). Now lets talk about the SPA! The services I received were awesome, HOWEVER, they can not get their billing right, I was charged twice for one service, to much for 2nd one. It took 4 trips to the SPA to get it right and one trip to guest services to get it right. I would not suggest using them unless you have plenty of spare time and you keep a close look on your account. I will repeat though, this is not the fault of the actual people working there for you! The shows that the crew performed AVERAGE. The comedy show AVERAGE The trivia games, fun but AVERAGE The adult pool area was full of kids (not in the pool) but everywhere else. There was no one there from the crew to not let them in, just a sign saying 18 or older. SO AVERAGE TRIP, AVERAGE SHIP. I will trying a different cruise line next time.

Average Average Average

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by dusty2165

SO AVERAGE TRIP, AVERAGE SHIP. I will trying a different cruise line next time.
dusty2165’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F
Loved having the window to look out the front side of the boat. Room was good except the air conditioning didn't work very well (not the rooms fault)
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Altun Ha
    Al Tun Has was interesting, but we did not have enough time there. Plus it had just rained and the bugs were awful. We used an entire can of OFF! I know the bugs were not their fault, but really really awlful! Afer a long bus ride, we only had an hour to look around and climb.
    View All 166 Altun Ha Reviews
  • Rainforest Tour
    Imagine 20 adults all in rain ponchos going down a river trying to look at animals from a boat....there, you have my entire experience. I know they can't control the rain, but it should have been cancelled.
    View All 13 Rainforest Tour Reviews
  • Cozumel
    Shopping and laying on the beach. Took a taxi to a tequila "factory" where they show you how it is made, but not make there. Tasting afterwards, taxi was 8 dollars to and from the ship total for 2 people.
    View All 6,725 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Galveston
    Love Galveston! The street fest was in full swing and had amazing food! The beach is clean and very easy to get to.
    View All 668 Galveston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Galveston Cruise Port Review
  • Glass Bottom Boat
    The bottom of the boat is not glass, you sit on a seat in the bottom of the boat and look out windows! It was clear water, plenty of fish etc to see. The boat captain was informative about the coral, our actual travel guide, Carmen was great, she told us more about the area we were in and the history of each place. The shopping after the boat tour went well, the rum cake store, the chocolate factory, the cameo factory, the beach side shopping was good.
    View All 35 Glass Bottom Boat Reviews