3. Serenade of the Seas
BACKGROUND- We are Crown&Anchor Emerald. We have sailed on a variety of RCCL ships...big, small and in between. THE KEY— Excellent! Embarkation was so easy; lunch in the MDR was delicious; our carryon bags were placed in the closet while we were at lunch; expedited debark upon arrival in Bermuda; internet was slow but a nice-to-have benefit; reserved seats in Theater a definite plus; debarkation was a serious breeze. DINING ROOM SERVICE — Excellent service was provided by Jonathan and Octa at table #256, My Time Dining. DINING ROOM FOOD —Breakfast/ gave up eating there. Nothing was hot. Dinner/ Prime Rib, Steak, Chicken Breast, Lobster Tails all delicious. Other entrees mediocre. Everything seemed to be tepid, not hot. Last few nights, the Caesar salad dressing was like nothing I have ever tasted before, and not in a good way. WINDJAMMER SERVICE — Breakfast service was better than any other meal. But that being said, we spent time cleaning off our own tables most of the time. WINDJAMMER FOOD — Breakfast/ good to very good. Lunch/ good to very good. Dinner/ We ate one dinner in the Windjammer. It was Italian Night. Does anyone in that kitchen taste anything before it is served??? I mean this seriously...I could not cut the meatballs. No one in our party of four could. Left the lasagna after two bites. The bolognese sauce was not the traditional recipe, but it was ok. Aside from the ok sauce, we hardly ate anything but salad. BAR SERVICE — Again, we ended up cleaning off our tables before we could sit down. On one occasion, I gathered up 8 champagne glasses off a table and brought them to the bar. Only one waiter in the Rbar before dinner. Service was better in the Schooner Bar, but again only one waiter. ENTERTAINMENT — The Three Las Vegas Tenors were fantastic! Excellent show. The Music VS Magic show was an embarrassment as far as the magic was concerned. The concert pianist was wonderful. He should have been a solo act. The musical productions were a mixed bag. The four singers were very good; dancers and choreography were lacking. Music in the lounges was very good. CABIN ATTENDANT — Edwin was excellent!! SHIP’S TOP TIER EVENT — Who thought it was a great idea to schedule this event for 7:30 pm, when the premier Three Tenors show was scheduled for 8pm? Was this a way to cut down on the number of attendees? MAJOR PROBLEM — This ship is understaffed. There are not enough crew members in key areas to get the job done. I have never had to clean off tables and wipe them off before sitting down as much as on this sailing. I have seen this mentioned on previous reviews. It is absolutely true. CONCLUSION — Sadly, we have sailed our last Royal Caribbean cruise.

Not Our Best Royal Caribbean Experience

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruizin4781

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

CABIN ATTENDANT — Edwin was excellent!!

CONCLUSION — Sadly, we have sailed our last Royal Caribbean cruise.
Cruizin4781’s Full Rating Summary