• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Viking Ra Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Viking RA and Egypt are magnificent.

Review for Viking Ra to the Middle East
josielawrence
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Suite

This was a gift to me from my sister. Ever since I was about 10, I have read everything about the King Tut finding by Howard Carter in 1922. EGYPT could not have been more fascinating, PLUS augmented by our Program Manager (who is himself an Egyptologist) Sharif. Just talking to him in a group or privately is an education. The other PM was Mike, also a seasoned Egyptologist. EGYPT is one place it pays to go on a tour (I tend to just book my reservations and then buy a museum pass.)

This trip was remarkable. We were made comfortable and kept informed of the day's itinerary the previous evening. Nothing, not even the transportation to and from the hotels to the boat was left to chance. Everything was done for us.

Sharif was GREAT and I owe a good deal of the cultural enrichment to him. He knows everything.

Suite

Cabins are compact. The room we had featured 2 twin beds, but they were more narrow than a typical twin bed. Since my sister is overweight by about 100 pounds, it was difficult for her to sleep on the bed and she occasionally slept on the couch.

5 Helpful Votes