3. Celebrity Equinox
This is my 8th cruise, I have previously sailed with Royal Caribbean, Princess and Holland America. This was my first time with Celebrity and it did not disappoint - definitely the best ship yet. We departed from Fort Lauderdale, although we flew to Miami as it was easier and cheaper coming from the UK. we spent one night on south beach, which I would recommend experiencing, but a night is enough to see it all. Embarkation was a breeze - when we arrived someone was there to take our bags from the taxi, and now they have facial recognition machines upon arrival which automatically checks you in, and took about 30 seconds. We then sat down and waited for embarkation to begin (we got to the port a little early), in Celebrity’s own terminal which was new and had plenty of seats. The service was fantastic, all staff were attentive and there were plenty of them. There was never a queue for anything, and we could always find two sunbeds together, even at midday on seadays. We are only in our 20’s and so found the rest of the passengers to be significantly older than ourselves, however there was still plenty to do which suited us, including the lawn club with an outdoor movie screen. We had the classic drinks package which was sufficient, although quite limited. If there was a specific drink you wanted which wasn’t included you only paid the extra however. Our stateroom attendant and waiter were faultless, and our balcony room was nice too - we went for a ‘restricted view’ cabin on deck 6 but it really wasn’t restricted at all, there was just a life boat underneath us. Glad we saved the money and went for this option. The ship was in top condition and although 10 years old, felt like new. The layout and size of everything was well designed, although the atrium was slightly on the small side. The solarium was particularly nice, and so relaxing. We spent a lot of time in here when we’d had enough of the heat! Silent discos were our favourite after dinner entertainment, and we never bothered with the shows as it’s not really our thing. We did one shore excursion, and the rest of the days just either walked or got a taxi to a beach, which was nice enough and often free! I have always been drawn to cruises because of the ability to explore new places and see the world, but I would definitely consider doing the exact same holiday again just because the ship and the whole experience was so great. Overall fantastic value for money, and don’t think anyone could not enjoy the level of luxury this ship provides.

Fabulous Holiday - no complaints

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Jess_C

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)

Jess_C’s Full Rating Summary