3. Explorer of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we had not been to Hamburg, Rotterdam and Amsterdam. Felt it was a good way to see these destinations. Apart from the drizzly weather, which was expected at this time of the year, they were very interesting places. Embarkation at Southampton was extremely easy, onboard very quickly and cabin and luggage available within hour. We had inside cabin 8673, very well located. Very quiet. Excellent room attendant 'Floyd'. Only ate in the Windjammer and at the Promenade Café. Excellent food and service. Biggest disappointment was shuttle bus in Hamburg. I believed that Royal Caribbean had indicated that shuttle bus was recommended. They charged 18 USD per person and I bought tickets on board. We went to same place that we had been dropped off for return bus to ship. Lot of people, didn't notice any signage regarding shuttle bus service. Waited approx. 40 mins, no bus arrived. Noticed other people walking in direction of ship, we followed. Very easy walk along quayside which took approx. 20 mins. On return to ship went to Reception desk, noticed others that had also walked in the queue. Persons in front of me made report to Receptionist, I added my observations and disappointment to their report. Giving our cabin number. I was told that Shore Excursions would respond on their return to the ship. They did not! I went to their desk during the evening and was advised that the shuttle service was not the responsibility of RCI. I did argue the point as I felt that they were responsible. They sold the ticket and advertised the service. The shuttle was operated on behalf of RCI. Member of staff did not agree and Manager called. Manager said I was rude to staff member and would not discuss. She did check to see why I hadn't had response to my original complaint but could not find it on their system! Entertainment on board was good, ice skating show was excellent. Felt that Reception/Shore Excursion staff let RCI down. All other staff were brilliant.

EXCELLENT CRUISE- SHAME ABOUT RIP OFF SHUTTLE CHARGE

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by GILLCOX

Entertainment on board was good, ice skating show was excellent.

GILLCOX’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V
Inisde cabin. Excellent attendant. Everything needed in cabin.
Quite location