Carnival Legend Cruise Review

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by mreagleye

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We wanted to go on a Panama Canal cruise leaving the west coast and traveling east. We were not disappointed. The ship was beautiful and extremely clean. Seems like someone was always cleaning and polishing. Thankfully even the window were cleaned several times on this journey. That has always been my number one complaint. Well this time those windows were spotless. They must have cleaned them four times in 15 days. Thanks Carnival. We meet some incredible people on this journey and will be friend forever. The food was just OK but we always found something to eat that satisfied us. And oh did I mention Guy's Burger joint. My Fave. Love that place. The shows were awesome and the staff friendly. Most of the Fun Squad is great but Oscars English is a little hard to understand when doing trivia. We had perfect weather and calm seas. The captain was also fantastic. This was my wife first time as a Diamond cruise and I am still Platinum. There were over 1200 Diamond and Platinum guests on board. I was a little disappointed not to get the VIPF pin that we get on every cruise whille we were there but I was excited when I got home and got my mail and their was two shinny pins in the mailbox. Thanks Carnival. I must say that this one one of the most relaxing cruises we have ever been on. Other than the fact that my wife broke her wrist in Costa Rica ( not Carnivals Fault) we had an amazing cruise. Her wist is all set in a cast now and she will heel just fine. Looking forward to our next Carnival adventure in January 2020.

mreagleye's Full Rating Summary

Interior

Our cabin was roomy and our room steward John was excellent.

Los Angeles

The boarding process was easy peasy fast and simple

Bad tour. Rains left roads closed and we spent 5 hours of the 5.5 hour long tour stuck in a bus with traffic. Not really Carnivals fault but this excursion should have been canceled instead we paid $70.00 and carnival gave us a 10% credit. :(

Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

Hot and humid but other that those pesky people trying to sell us everything this was a great port. The tours at the end of the dock were priced great and we enjoyed out 7 hour tour with Jimmy.

The driver was personable and spoke great English. We spent the whole day out in the city and spent $20.00 per person. what a deal.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

great tour with a perfectly speaking bus driver. We had a group of 10 and the price was awesome. We spent the whole day looking over the island. Lunch stop and the food was amazing.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

This lady rocked. She took us to Hell, an actual place and back. We spent the whole day with her. Our group of 10 were her only customers. She was smart/funny/ knowledgeable and even had lunch with us at a place by the ocean out by 10 sail. We paid for her lunch which she wasn't expecting. She gave us a great tour for $40.00 PP . Left her a nice tip. thanks Tessa.

mreagleye