3. Carnival Dream
Though it had been quite a number of years since my wife and I had last cruised, we had so looked forward to this trip. We had driven down the day before, and stayed at the Galvez and caught the shuttle the next morning. We had scheduled an early arrival time. and as such were there right on time. After dropping off our luggage with one of the porters (look for guys in floral print Hawaiian style shirts), we made our way to the concourse to enter the building. The building has different doors, each marked with letters of the alphabet. Go to A. Any group designation marked with any other letter seems to be irrelevant. Don't get confused like we did! They were late in allowing us to begin the boarding process. My wife found out later that the crew had to track down a person that didn't want to get off! Once the process began, it was well organized and speedy. They even had cold fruit water in the embarkation lounge! After that, it was a quick matter to get on board. Our cabin steward Arthur was very helpful at all times, though language was a small barrier. He seemed to be very good at his job, and we felt fortunate to have him there. At first there had been an off smell, but he quickly took care of it. Additionally, the balcony divider between ours and the next cabin had been left unlocked, but he corrected that as well. Considering that the kitchen staff were cooking for 4000 passengers, plus crew, the food was quite good. I was especially surprised at the tenderness and flavor of the flat iron steak. I want to know how they do that! We ate dinner in the main dining room except for one night. The service team there is also excellent. Service was quick and efficient. Thanks to Prince! Additionally, we ate at the Seafood Shack, the Mongolian Wok (the slowest), The Blue Iguana, and Guys Burger bar. All were quite good, and made fresh to order. The buffets are good, and we had breakfast there every day. One more thing ... the barbecue ... so so. Yes, I am biased when it comes to 'cue. The one regret we had is that we only caught three of the shows. They were fun and engaging. The 80's show the last night was spectacular! All in all, I've never seen a ship more appropriately named. I still have pleasant dreams about our time on The Dream.

Man I wish we could go back now!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Jerrydiwebb

Jerrydiwebb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E
The cabin was spacious and well maintained for a ship at sea. You don't spend much time there anyway, but I loved where we stayed. Appointed aft starboard, we were one deck below the buffet on the Lido deck. Prior to boarding, we were a bit apprehensive about that location, because of the potential for noise. Not to worry! Noise was not a problem at all. Our cabin steward Arthur was quite helpful and efficient.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins